Pioneer PD-F908 CD Players

3.85/5 (13 Reviews)

101 Disc CD Changer

Submitted by ifmelfalls a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2008

Bottom Line:
I have never liked this stupid thing.

Purchased At:   ebay.com

Submitted by nm2112 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
Pioneer PD-F908 File-Type Compact Disc Player

This is the one!!!

I have been slowly overhauling my home entertainment system and decided it was time to upgrade my compact disc player. My new A/V receiver doesn't have the capability of connecting via remote to my reliable Technics SL-PC14 5 Disc CD Player that I have been using for 12 years. I was getting tired of having to get up and manually doing everything that a remote does. I was originally going to upgrade with another 5 disc CD player, but I didn't realize how low the prices for the CD jukebox changers were. For the amount of CD's they hold and all of the functions they are capable of I decided this was the direction I wanted to go. I had my eye on a 300 disc changer but heard too many negative reviews about the system. It won't play the first track on CD's, it skips while playing tracks or won't even play CD's at all. CD's have been dropped and fallen into the back of the machine, breaking them, jamming the machine and rendering it unusable until it was taken apart and the broken CD's removed. Although it had a lot of nice features and is a very attractive machine it didn't seem worth the risk to me.

My wife and I have over 730 CD's and every single one plays without skipping in our Technics disc player. So buying replacement CD's is not an option. Therefore I went back to the drawing board. I didn't want the issues or complications that a jukebox CD changer had the potential to have. I would rather have a machine with no frills that is dependable than have one that is always giving me problems and ending up not being worth the hassle, and wishing that I had never bought it. So the plan was to just go with another 5 disc changer. After browsing through a store one day looking at the CD players I happened across the Pioneer PD-F908. Once again my curiosity was peaked. The thought of having so many CD's instantly at my disposal wanted me to give this type of CD changer another look. Pioneer has a solid reputation. It was only 20 dollars more than the 5 disc player I was planning on buying. Plus it holds 101 CD's giving me access to 96 more at my fingertips. I went home and did some research on this unit and after a few days of deliberation I decided I would give it a try.

This is the first Pioneer product I have ever bought and it will not be the last. For the price this is a wonderful machine. When I got it home and was taking it out of the box I felt like a kid on Christmas morning. It is easy to set up, easy to use, and fast, changes disc's in 10 seconds. It is also shorter than the larger capacity jukeboxes, which makes it easier to store in smaller entertainment centers. The PD-F908 has played every single CD I have put into it without fail. Every function has worked flawlessly. The remote is small and simple. Here are a few of it's features:

CD-DECK SYNCHRO jack
Optical digital output jack
Single loader slot
All, Single and Custom modes
Best, Previous and Hi-Lite functions
Fast Forward/Reverse Jogging modes and Random Play

Having over 730 CD's a 300 or 400 disc player wouldn't hold them all anyway. I am glad I went for with the PD-F908 instead of the others with larger capacity. I have not regretted purchasing this product for a second. If you are looking for a reliable, inexpensive CD jukebox changer you have found it.

Submitted by BJP100679 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this CD changer in July of 2001. I really liked it. But about a year later, I started to experience problems with it playing blue/silver CD-R discs. I paid an extra $35 for warranty to last me until July of 2005 through Best Buy, and have now taken it in twice to try to get this problem fixed. The first time I took it in, the guy told me to switch to black CD-R discs. So I did, to about 65 discs total. But still, that didn't fix the problem. Having Best Buy clean it twice and run some sort of 3 hour test which they say passed still makes mine not play all CD-R's, no matter what color they are. So now I don't know what to do with it at this point; taking it back to Best Buy *again* would probably be nothing but a waste of time.

Submitted by mikecovert03 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
What a buy!! This unit has all that anyone with a stereo needs to enjoy many hours of listening. This thing has alot of awsome features, especially its BEST button. This feature allows me to select 20 of my most favorite songs, it stores the track and disk numbers in its own memory bank and allows you togo back and listen to those songs without remembering what disk they are on and what songs they are! Just put the thing in stop mode and push the BEST button. Cool Yeah!! With a frequency response of 2Hz-24kHz were can you go wrong.I think that just about anyone can find a great deal of enjoyment in this unit. PIONEER Thank You!!!!

Submitted by Jason Morris a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great mega disc changer.. its fast and easy to use a must buy!! and under $200. Plus its pioneer and matches my reciver perfectly go out and get it.

all i listen to is cd-r's your buddy says this player can't play them? betta ask the 100 imiation cd-r's i am using in it right now re-re!

BLG CP024: