Pioneer PD-F906 CD Players

4.4/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $350.00

101 Disc File-Type Cd-Player

Submitted by dan93309 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 27, 2007

Bottom Line:
I bought this about 10 years ago in Southern CA and have used it ever since because I wanted to store all of my CDs in it to save space and keep the cases in the basement. I always thought that all CD players should sound the same because they are "digital" but this isn't the case. This CD player sounds way more musical than my cheap and much newer Toshiba CD/DVD player.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 23, 2000

Bottom Line:
Great all around player

Submitted by Dave a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 1999

Bottom Line:
I love it! It is a great quality CD player. I love hitting the random button and just letting the music flow for hours and hours.

You can also setup different 'classes' of music, allowing you to sort by genre if you want.

Submitted by David a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 19, 1999

Bottom Line:
I went from a nakamichi mb3 to this because I am disabled and it makes life easier. I compared the sounds of both and this one is not quite so warm but I put the opticalout into a sony minidisk pllayer and use its dac sounds great.

Submitted by Matt P. a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 1998

Bottom Line:
This CD-Player is pretty good, I'm not really sure, its my first mega CD-player. I really didn't even want this, but I got it for Christmas and I'm not complaining. It does all the normal CD-player stuff, but it has a button called single loader when you press it the player opens up to a designated slot so you don't have to find an open slot when you borrow CD's. There is a best button that will play up to 20 of your favorite songs. It will also play your most previously played tracks. It has self-diagnostics, so if you stick something in there thats not supposed to be, it will let you know. It has an optical output, which by far is my favorite feature. Using a CD-Lens cleaner is hard, since it plays the CD's vertically; it will just say no disc and go on to the next one. The only thing I wish it had was a fast forward and reverse on the remote, but most players don't have that anyway, I think.

Atlantic Technology :