Pioneer PD-F507 CD Players

25-Disc CD Player with Remote

Submitted by Mike_ale a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
This was the best buy I have made for my system yet. First I will get to the sound. I originaly had a sony diskman with line-out as my cd player.(I figured there would not by that much diff in sound and it was the last thing on my list considerint i wanted a surrond receiver, vcr, dvd, tv etc.) Wrond. On my onkyo receiver, which has 60 watts RMS a side in stero, it took a volume of 3/4!!! on my kenwood jl-717 floor speakers to match a volume of 1/4 once the 507 was installed. I couldn't believe it! The music was much clearer and the treble was much better. (And i though that they weren't loud enough) Now my tweeters are plenty loud(and clear for me)Thou new ones are in order. To get to the point, i know that any cd player ment for stero use would be better than a diskman with lineout but i would not take another cd player for now. But reviews are strong and i am hopefull. It works great, it's fast, has great features(like the best feature which allows you to choose 15 tracks from the 25 disks), and hi-lite. Great product!!!!!

Purchased At:   McKays Consumer Electronics

Submitted by Jason a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a great cd changer. It is a great value at $95 us. It is hooked up to my pioneer receiver and sounds great. There really is'nt alot to say about this cd changer other than it is Perfect!!

Purchased At:   Stereo Plus

Submitted by Ben a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great value for what I paid ($100, shipping included). This CD player produces very good sound for a casual listener. Transport speed is reasonably fast. 25 disc capacity is the perfect size for me. The remote, although a bit small, works well.

Purchased At:   U-bid

Submitted by Ethan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2000

Bottom Line:
A very nice unit at a very nice price. $119 at Best Buy. (not a sale price) I like the fiber out for my mini disc and I even consider the 25 disc capacity a good feature compared to the 200/300 capacity changer's out there. I like to keep track of my cd's - my friends steal!

The remote is small, and very usefull. I seem to be very prone to hit the disc up button instead of the track up button, but this is just a something I will get used to.

As far as I'm concerned - this is a great value! But if anyone does know - what is the point of the Pioneer SR interconnect system? With a CD and tape player there seems to be some value (for dubbing), but it does nothing between the reciever and the CD changer. I at least hoped that the unit could be turned off and on by the pressing the function button on the reciever. No dice.....

SFLAT: