Pioneer PD-F19 CD Players

301 CD-Changer

Submitted by Jay W a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had doubts about this product after reading some of the reviews here, but for $140 at ubid I figured I had nothing to lose. I definitely do not regret this decision. So far I have had absolutely no problems with this unit. It is without a doubt the best investment in my system that I have made. Going from a 5 disc changer to 301 has completely changed the way I listen to music, random play with 300 discs is awesome. This is the main feature I use, I still haven't utilized the custom files or best song file yet. I hope I don't run into memory problems like other reviewers have but if I do I would still be happy with this machine. If you can get it for under $250 I would without hesitation recommend this to anyone.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Jay W a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 10, 2001

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by Leinweber M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
After owning this unit for over 2 years, the convenience of use is overshadowed by the occasional loss of memory. After inputting and catagorizing almost 300 CD's, the last thing you're expecting is to lose everything. This has happened twice now, and coupled with an optical problem that causes mistracking, the unit is on it's second trip for repair. To those that blame the 'power' button, I can assure you that this unit can lose it's memory in the "power-ON' mode. The feeling of losing all that work inputting your CD's is sickening. The technician told me he never heard of these units losing memory. Now, reading here, I see it's a common ailment with this unit.

Bottom line: Do Your Homework Before Buying!

Otherwise, this unit is good looking, is easy to operate, and (when working properly) very convenient. Hearing CD's that have been neglected for years is refreshing. It would be impossible for me to ever go back to a unit that didn't have these kind of features.

I was just shopping for an A/V receiver, and bought the Denon 3801 in lieu of the Pioneer. Thanks Audioreview!

Purchased At:   local high-end audio store

Submitted by Michael Reinhardt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just purchased this unit after about one month of research and proce checking on the internet. I finally decided on the Pioneer because of it features, price and beautiful finish with the rosewood sides that match my new Pioneer Elite VSX-39X receiver. Overall the player performs well and sounds great. The memory issue is perplexing but mangeable, I simply use the more feature rich remote supplied with the receiver and ditched the CD remote. Pionner used the SR remote link system and this works well also since I have my system hooked up to a whole house audio system with wired IR remote in other rooms.

Purchased At:   Speakerhut.com