Philips CDC751 CD Players

1.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $230.00

5 Disc Carousel CD Changer

Submitted by Al Green III a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this player for over two years and I am surprised that it is still working. The real good thing about this player is the sound(when the CD works), it produce very good sound for the price. I am epecially disatisfied with the fact that fairly often I'll hit change disc, it will change the disc, start reading the disc and then 'EE' will come up. I also don't like the fact that you can't display the track and the time at the same time. There are also no options with the time like time remaining, disc time remaining etc... . One last thing that I don't like about the player is the random, the random is not suppose to repeat a song in random, and it does, it also has a tendency to not play all the cd's in the carousal during random play. My suggestion is, if you have saved enough money to buy this player, save another 20 to 30 dollars and get a better one.

Submitted by Kevin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2000

Bottom Line:
I bought this CD player at Best Buy for $75. I would not say I got my money's worth. The player's mechanics are surprisingly slow and unreliable. Even more remarkable is how easy it is to "hang" the CD player. (It becomes confused if you switch too many cds and displays "EE" instead of the track and won't play anything until it's turned off and on again).

On the plus side, it does play CDs if you're patient.

Sennheiser: