Oracle CD Turntable CD Players

Submitted by richtan8 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: April 23, 2010

Bottom Line:
As an audiophile for more than 45 years, I had a very long learning curve just like everyone interested in music reproduction. I search always for the best. But in truth, there is no such a thing as the best CD player in the world but the Oracle CD2000 comes close.

I had compared the player (which includes built in dac) with several cd players all with outboard dac which cost several times more. The Oracle in my opinion is better than all the rest. There is a sense of rightness and music is conveyed as it is. Most people landed up judging the music source ie LP, cd or SACD when they listen to hifi. In fact they should be evaluating the equipment itself. With very well recorded sound sources, the Oracle sounds better than most of the very high end CD players many with outboard multi thousand dollars outboard DAC.

In the end, I also bought the S1000 Oracle DAC preamplifier. After I used this CD2000 and the Oracle DAC, the sound was breath taking. Whatever labels, audiophiles want to slap on ie width, height, depth, organic, accurate or good definition of micro and marco dynamics etc, this combination has it.

Yes we are influenced by brands, what experts say, what friends say or what the show room people say. But trust your own judgment. Let go of preconceived notions of what good sound should be like. When you have a good all round equipments set up with good interconnects, good pre and power amps, good sound sources, you will certainly find that the Oracle CD is one of the great products of all times.

Is the sound analogue ? After all Oracle is popular and well known for their turntables, arms and now cartridge. Yes the CD 2000 does sound analogue in a way. But presently no CD player or SACD player can give a turntable kind of analogue sound. It can only sound close. For this, this is more than enough for me and for you.

Make no mistake, this Oracle CD player is not only aesthetically pleasing but also functions and sounds top of the class. All these are my opinion. If you have the set up or plans to buy one, you may have the same opinion as I have. Enjoy !

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by Jow a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
Buy it, it's great!

Purchased At:   Hopi Electro

Submitted by Paul Birkeland a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
This unit is very well built. The sound is very similar to an upsampled signal from a DCS Delius/Purcell (if you can get a set to work). I would recommend this player to all who can afford it, even if you can buy the $20,000 Linn player! E-mail me if you have specific questions.
Paul

Submitted by Sean Robins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
I must admit I purchased the Oracle for purely aesthetic reasons. The unit looks like a piece of contemporary art, and feels like a well machined brute. Although it is pretty expensive, I think it is definetly worth it if you can afford one. The sound is clear and refined, never bright or overly analytical. It reads cd's beautifully and even interprets a fair amount of "well used" disc characteristics with stunning clarity.

And then of course you have to remember the way it looks, breathtaking. And trust me you will be the only one of your friends with one, that is worth the $7,000 price of admission alone (thus I rate it 5stars for value).

Submitted by HD audio a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 18, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is one of the most beautiful CD players that I have seen. At $8,950 I find it difficult to justify based on sound quality, but in the cosmetics department, it definitely makes it. I heard the unit coupled with VTL electronics and Joseph Audio Pearl speakers. I found the sound to be very good, but not as good as the Oracle turntable with a van-den-Hul cartridge through the same system.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile