Naim NA-CDS CD Players

16-bit d/a, top loading

Submitted by KP a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 15, 1998

Bottom Line:
This is the most natural music making cd-player I've ever heard it is so alive.It really sounds like a good turntable and it operates almost like one too.
I know it is now out of production but I bought it second hand and if you have the chance, do it!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Mark Mecham a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 1998

Bottom Line:
Upgraded my system from Rotel to Naim CDS and made a ton of difference. Running Naim AMP 140 and B&W 801's. Very very happy with the sound. I haven't auditioned a ton of high end cd players but I'm happy with what I hear

Submitted by mike a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 1998

Bottom Line:
This is a music lovers cd player and I can only agree with the former reviewer.Proper set up is an absolute must and when this is done, ENJOY.
6 stars please!!!

Submitted by r keen a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 27, 1997

Bottom Line:
This is a vinyl lovers cd player. Incredible detail, very revealing, andquite free of coloring, this cd player is capable of the highest performance.
Very few things that even the best turntables can do better and certainly they can't match the dynamics. The player is a bit finicky and requires absolute leveling like a turn table and meticulously clean discs. Certainly the rest of the system must be able to take advantage of a source like this. Although I haven't heard it played with hundreds of systems, it seemed to bring out the best in the ones I have. Even some moderate sytems sound pretty good with this front end. It is marvelous, but at this price I suppose it should be.

FGH 26: