Marantz CC-48 CD Players

4.83/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $280.00

Submitted by fritchdog a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
Awesome CD Player. Stong, reliable, & clear sound that is characteristic of a Marantz. Can not go wrong in buying a Marantz. Never skips and reads CDRs that even my Alpine car stereo couldn't read because of either bad media or recording. Without a doubt Marantz makes great audio equipment, unfortunately that comes with a price. Although more than a Sony, it is worth it. You get what you pay for and Marantz is more than worth its premium price - not only for its sound quality, but its durability and longevity.

Purchased At:   Palmer Audio in Alle

Submitted by Kevin a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2001

Bottom Line:
Forgive me but this isn't a review. I would like to know where I can find this unit? Not even listed on Marantz web site and my local shop never heard of it.

Submitted by Matthew Garrett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great unit - probably the second-best I've owned. The HK FL8450 barely edges this unit out in performance due to being slightly easier to use but the HK's are not nearly as reliable as Marantz so it may even out overall. Most striking is the quiet operation - you can't even hear it spinning the tray unless you're right on top of it. The sound reproduction is the best you can get on a changer unit. Bought mine used through eBay when my FL8450 tanked and I've never looked back.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Brett a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just don't think you can go wrong with Marantz equipment. I think the replacement for this model is the CC3000. Based on all the research I've done recently, I'd definitely recommend it, but if you come across a CC-48, buy it!!

Purchased At:   Independence Audio

Submitted by Dan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this changer for 3yrs. It sounds great and its tray mechanism is rugged and smooth and fast and it cost $225. I love it.

SFLAT: