Kenwood CD-324M CD Players

Submitted by Tom Jenkins a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Great product, especially given the price. I have an old Kenwood receiver, and love it. This CD player makes me appreciate Kenwood all over again. Sounds seems just as good as my Sony (if not better).

Submitted by David Weber a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was wary of purchasing a Kenwood product, but this changer has treated me well over the past year.

I spent a deal of time entering the disc titles, which I couldn't do without. With the titles entered, when you scroll through your discs, you get a scrolling display of the disc title on the machine. Quite nice. Downside is that you can't display the disc title as the disc is playing. It will only show the disc number and track number.

Bad news, as with any other CD changer I've used: If you want to enter a new disc, and shift the rest of them up, you will have to retitle. I have about six Phish discs in a row there between 140-145, but when I got Farmhouse, I had to stick it in 192 or something.

Kenwood gives you lots of digits to use when entering titles. I don't know the number off the top of my head, but somebody wrote it here in a review. Sony only gives you 12 digits on their lower models with disc titling.

I have never heard a skip in the year that I had this (and this is a refurbished unit). But, I keep good care of my music.

Remote is very "busy." All the buttons are the same size, and it's pretty standard. I programmed the player into my receiver's remote.

Display is very attractive. LED's are easy to read.

I also wish the changer had a big fat wheel to spin around to choose your disc and track. You have to use your thumb and index finger to turn it. Also, if you turn it fast, even though you should have scrolled through 12 discs or so, it will only scroll through 5 of them, so you can't scroll too fast (if you're going from, say, disc 100 to disc 1). So, I use the remote to type in the number of the disc.

Anyhow, it's a sad day, but I am upgrading to a 400-disc changer. I chose the Sony CDPCX400 for its capacity, internal light, 12 character title entry, AND 12 character artist entry.

Purchased At:   OnSale.com

Submitted by Craig a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
This product is not much bigger than my 5 disc changer and it holds 200! It is very easy to use (takes some time to type in CD names, but not too bad) and lets me pick a category and play just those discs on random. Sounds great. Looks great. Easy to use (although stunningly basic) remote. I would recommend a Kenwood megachanger!

Submitted by billy grinstead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
made a mistake buying my tecnnics changer because it didnt
have enough capacity, but it was good in that it turned me on to changers. I always thought they were inferior to
single players for some reason, but I cant tell any diff
in sound on this kenwood and an adcom I listened to except
for convienience. now I dont have cds collecting dust
because I forget them or they are too much trouble to mess
with. One pleasant surprize was the ease of entering
names on this changer. A lot easier than the technics.
I was worried about reliability after returning an
on sale demo that didnt work but no telling what happened
to it before I got it. This thing hasnt so much as burped
and i've played everything from cd-rs to cd-rws to
reg cds, everything from drink coasters to doughnuts.
as far as sound, I have a pair of bw 305's hooked up to
a denon reciever and they are very picky but my cds sound accurate when played on this changer (if a cd is recorded
incorrectly my bws let me know). Never been a big fan
of kenwood but a friend turned me on to them and if this thing keeps up the good work I'll be a fan. Sometimes
cheap isnt second rate. my only prob mow is i'm running
out of room again and will prob have to buy another that I
can daisy chain. four stars for sound and reliability.
overall rating 5 stars for value(half a weeks pay for
goodness sake). And I repeat, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing
wrong with this unit. I feel like im getting away with something

Submitted by Tim a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
On reading the other reviews it would seem to me that experiences with mega changers leave a lot to luck. When they go wrong they go very wrong, discs skip, some aren't played at all, and units end up being returned. This was my experience with the JVC334 which I returned twice and then gave up on. I finally went with the Kenwood, which is another 100 bucks cheaper. The Kenwood has so far been flawless and I have no complaints. Maybe the sound quality is not quite up with the JVC, but all the discs play without a skip, and random play seems to give all the discs a fair hearing. This is probably the best value piece of audio/video equipment I have ever bought. I haven't entered all the track titles yet, I'm still in the "settling in" period, but so far all the signs are good.

SFLAT: