Kenwood CD-224M CD Players

3.14/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

200-Disc CD Changer

Submitted by JING LANDICHO a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
THE SOUND COMING OUT FROM THIS IS VERY NATURAL,I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BUY IT,IF MINE GOT STOLLEN I BUY ANOTHER ONE

Purchased At:   FUTURE SHOP IN TORONTO

Submitted by Bill a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 8, 2000

Bottom Line:
Don't waste your money on this one. I can't think of one good thing to say about it. I've put up with it for over a year and finally gave up on it. My Cd's skipped frequently, even brand new ones. Discs jammed and a few of them actually cracked because of this jamming. The remote was very difficult to use when enetering CD titles. Very poor construction, cheap and loud,

Submitted by Kane Miller a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
I purchased this CD player and was immediately satisfied with the sound quality, functions of the remote, etc. However, I was disappointed with the time it takes to change disks and the lack of display for the title of the CD which is being played. But for the price, it's still a hell of a deal!

Submitted by EVR a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I give this Mega CD-Changer 4 speakers because, although the sound is excellent, the remote is well thought out, the price is right and it has just the right amount of extras, it takes quite a while (for my tastes anyway) to change from one disc to the other and it is very noisy while doing so... The fact that it doesn't display title and song information about the CD being played during playback is really trivial since i know my CD's by heart and in the order i have em in I dont need for the text to be displayed... Rock On Kenwood!

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by Jack Davis a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 21, 1999

Bottom Line:
Actually this is for the CD-324M, maybe the same thing maybe not. I am very pleased, so far, the transport does make a great deal of noise and it doesn't show the CD title while it plays but I just need to see the title to find the CD, once it is playing I know which one it is. Jog dial is way too small, but the remote is very useful, so I never have to touch the unit itself. I may use the digital out put if I get a Mini Disc. The seek time during random play is also kinda long but no longer than reloading a single cd player by hand. All in All, I like the device and it will work until the technology improves and they make a DVD Jukebox for $200, which is alittle more than what I paid for this one.

Award-Winning Axiom: