Fisher DAC-503
Description: 5-Disk CD Changer with Remote Control

Submitted by franken_radio89 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2010

Bottom Line:
i got this cd changer as a freebe from my girls dad since i told him i was in need of replacing my old rca five disc day one of owning it the cality blew my mind in pare with my fisher tape deck for recording and playing my old tapes and my techincs reciver and it is way worth the mony spent

Submitted by Daniel Anderson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
I know fisher has changed over the years and when i was asked if i wanted a cd changer(as a gift) and what brand, i hesitated about this unit,but i took a chance with it. I am really shocked to see this unit still going after 10 yrs of playing cd's day after day!I truthfully NEVER had a problem with this unit.But i took proper care of it.(cleaning the lens by hand).I took apart the remote to find more buttons there.w/a little modification,you can have "total time"-"time remaining" and "open" and "close".I have seen so many cd players- changers come and go but this is strong!sound quality i know is not up -to- par as other "high" brands(of course) but it does the job good,,really good.It also plays cd-r's with NO problem.I am going to keep this and use this as a "second bedroom" cd so i can find a "high end" cd player for the main system.Overall if you run into this cd player somewhere,,pick it up,i think you will be satisfied!

Purchased At:   Nebraska Furiture Ma

Submitted by Dennis Barberic a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I received this CD Changer as a gift a few years ago from my parents. I found it to be functionally ok but have never been crazy about. The most annoying trait of the unit is that the whole front face is part of the tray when it opens up. Its really weird and makes the controls such as the tray rotation button hard to use when it is open. Another negative is that it does not allow one to swap CDs while it is playing. Lastly, the remote does not have a power button on it. Overall I'm raiting it a two because functionally it performs the job it was designed to do, but it does nothing else for me.