Denon DCM-560 CD Players

4.6/5 (10 Reviews) MSRP : $650.00

Submitted by timorhu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased this changer to replace a Sony CDC-735 changer. That same week I won a bid on a Marantz CC65-SE changer (don't recall what price was for either). I had quite a time comparing the three changers to decide which one to keep. The Sony was to harsh (listener fatigue) was setting in. The Marantz was a beautiful sounding player, very lush sounding. The proble with the MArantz was its functionality. Too quirky. The Denon on the other hand sounded very detailed, with a wonderful warmth that invited listening sessions. It also was a snap to operate. Not as many features as the Sony, but I rarely used the programming functions and almost never used the soundfield functions. My only complaint is the noisy tray. But after eight months of daily use, I'm used to it. I took the top off for a look inside and discovered a weel built machine with a heavy chassis. Another nice feature is the full function remote control.

Submitted by Alexander a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
An absolutely perfect companion for my Denon 3300, I love this sound system. Relatives of mine have tried Luxman, Sony, and Yamaha CD players, and two weeks after they heard my denon, they went out and bought their own! Now if I only had enough money that I could run it directly to an amp rather than a AVR.....

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
After two years, this sucker has totally won me over. I wouldn't replace it if it broke.

This is the most neutral and refined digital playback device I've ever heard other than my 24 bit pro recording card.

Super solid and simply beautiful sound.

Purchased At:   good guys

Submitted by Pstrick Enders a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this unit recently for $250 including tax and 5 year warranty. All the things I read about the DCM-370 put me off of that unit a bit. I like the sound that the DCM-460 produces. I run the 460 through a Denon AVR-2801 using the dac of the 2801. Seems close to the sound of the 460's dac. The 560 I run through a Onkyo TX-SV90 Pro receiver and EQ-25 coupled with infinity sm82's. The sound is not a overly bright as I used to have with the sony and pioneer units. It reminds me of a very early belgium made philips player that I had. Warm and bright with a nice tone to it. I dont get headaches, even with the infinity's. The sound and quality of the player I think are unmatched by the 370. HDCD does not really become an issue to me, none of my dics are HDCD. For the price of this player, it is very good till a affordable SACD player comes along. The sound between the 460 and 560 is close, the transport of the 560 being of a higher quality. But yet it is still loud sometimes.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by Bill S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 19, 2000

Bottom Line:
Was lucky enough to pick this up at a local clearance for only $300. Fantastic piece at that price. As mentioned below, the tray is a bit clunky, but hasn't given any problems after 6 mos of daily use. I usually run it through my 3300 for convenience, but sounds even better direct to amp. Very clean sound. Not too "electronic", but I would hesitate to call it warm. I constantly hear new things from old CD's, and 20 bit remasters sound incredible! 5 stars for value thanks to the clearance sale, 4 for overall because of the tray mechanism.

Purchased At:   Bryn Mawr Stereo