Conrad-Johnson DF-2 CD Players

Sensitivity: 1.0 VRMS output at 0 dB (maximum output) Distortion: less than .05% THD Bandpass: 5 Hz to 20 KHz, +0, -.5 dB

Submitted by mike perez a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
Upon reviewing the DF-2 I think it's a great player for the price. After i got my DF-2 player, I sold my Sonic Frontiers SFCD. The cj is oh so much more involving and detailed in every respect. It's a terrific player and I'm keeping it for good.

I also have the DF-1 cd player with its own volume control. The DF-1 is identical sonically to the DF-2 (I can't tell the difference). But the DF-1 is a rare unit and hard to find at this stage. Especially it has a cj volume pot control NOT digital ! NO NOISE.

I'm keeping the DF-1 and DF-2 forever.............

Incidently, I bought the DF-1 for around $700 and it retails for $1,595. Believe me you will not find a DF-1 any time soon............... Good Luck!

Submitted by beam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 30, 2000

Bottom Line:
At first, I was a bit skeptical about this cd player. I know the reputation of this company's preamps, esp. ART, and its power amps.
Then, my friend sold it to me since he needed to move overseas.
After listening and comparing it to SF SFCD-1 and Krell-250cd, I'm satisfied and glad with this cd player. It produces clearer and more detail rather than the ones from Krell 250cd or SFCD-1. SFCD-1 is warmer, though. Krell a bit harsh on highs.
DF-2 gives deeper soundstage. The bass is deep and tight. Highs are smooth as liquid. The music it creates is natural and transparent. BTW, I audition this player with classical and jazz.

Assoc. equipment: