Audio Analogue Maestro CD Players

Submitted by NZphile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 15, 2003

Bottom Line:
This player IS DIFFERENT. I stepped into Audio Analogue Puccini SE when I was building a bedroom system and loved the Analogue sound, then I decided to gave Maestro a try, the Maestro Mark I matches the Puccini perfectly and look superb.
There are lots of $1000 CD players you can buy from online resources, I did audition Arcam FMJ, Theta Miles and Musical Fidelity A3.2, and when the Maestro arrived I know this is THE one. I agree with all reviews that this player sounds absolutely analogue, there's no trace of digitality and music just flow so sweetly. The sound of Maestro is fundamentally different than other CD players mentioned above, I found myself easily spend hours listening to the music at night, extremely involved and satisfied. If you have big bucks to spend I believe there are better players out there, but I am just so satisfied with this outstanding performer. 5 stars no doubt.

Purchased At:   online auction

Submitted by Tony Tabardt a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I saw the Maestro for the first time at Sentec Audio in Stockholm and was impressed by the sheer looks of it. When I listened to it (Audio Net amplification and JM Lab Mezzo Utopia speakers), I was sold. The sound quality is very good and excels with an amazing clarity and control througout the frequency range. Deep and analytical in bass, spectacularly detailed in midrange, transparent and detailed in treble. My overall impression is that the Maestro is very well built except for the disct-transportation (sledge) which tends to vibrate and almost stop sometimes (open-close function).

If you are looking for a CD-player in the price range 1500-5000, I strongly recommend you to listen to the Maestro.

Purchased At:   Ultimate Sound

Submitted by Themis a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
The new Maestro MkII (model year 2001) comes in a big case, similar to the Maestro integrated amp, and there is not much in common with the MkI (new power supply, new transport, new dacs, new analogue stage). The midrange is just as impressive and delicate as with the MkI, but this quality now extends to both ends of the spectrum, with impressive bass and fast treble.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Many good reviews here and I agree. Only one thing to add. If you like air between instruments and no nasty digititis on decent disks, this is your machine. The only other unit I heard as good (perhaps better) was Wadia $6000 player. Worth $4500 more? Stupid question.

Submitted by Luca Lusuardi a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Maestro is very well built; watch inside the box and you'll see a great technical work. The secret of the Maestro is that is built with excellent components by people who listen to music. Sound quality is superb, balanced, with good dynamics and excellent sense of rhythm. I was really astonished by the depth of the sound-stage and by the transient response of this player. The great musical detail reproduced by the Maestro never becomes harsh, it's always a pleasure to listen to it.

Purchased At:   http://welcome.to/Valentino-Hi-Fi

PBS Featuring Debut of Maestro Dudamel w/ the LA Phil

[I]Great Performances[/I] on PBS this week premiered the debut performance of 28-year old Gustavo Dudamel in his first conducting gig as the new Music Director of the Los Angeles Philharmonic. Showings should be repeating over the weekend and over the next couple of weeks on PBS stations. The prog ... Read More »

Anyone ever heard of an Audio Analogue Maestro?

Because there is one on spanish ebay and it seems like too good of a deal. Here's the link. for the moment no one in spain has bid yet, but it strikes me as strange that someone would wanna sell a 150watt amp for this kinda price. also, ebay seems very popular over at [url]www.roadbikereview.com[/u ... Read More »

BLG CP024: