Audio Analogue Paganini
Description: Sweet sounding CD Player that looks great paired with Puccini SE

Submitted by dritchey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2010

Bottom Line:
The Audio Analogue Paganini cd player blows away my Oppo 83 blue ray player. I have the std. 500.00 oppo, but it is also a fine player. The AA has much better bass and detail without sounding harsh at all. Outstanding on jazz and classical.This is my 5th cd player and the best I have heard. I noticed an immediate improvement all the way around sound sound.Also muilt like a tank all metal and stainless.This is my first review but had to write it as I am very, very happy so far with the player.

Submitted by Robby a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I'm from Jakarta-Indonesia, I read from many reviews that this CD-player was one of the best player for the middle class so I bought this CD player since 2004. In this last 3 years, I have some troubles with this system, last trouble was the player can not read the disc ("no disc" showed on the panel). Because the dealer has already replaced by the new Dealer and the "new dealer" didn't want to take over the responsibility for repairing my player, so I don't know where I can solve this problem ? I hope you can help me by telling me where is the nearest service center/Dealer.
Thanks.

Submitted by demos100 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
First was the burn-in 150 hours.

Then...

a. The best player under 2000 Euro ? Paganini of Audio Analogue. I expected -at least- with the name Paganini, to excel with violin recordings. Yes. Classical music is a pleasure to listen. Harsh free, bold, grain free. As I like it. Soundstage depth, heigth: better that I expected.

b. For about double the money -if not exactly- there is Musical Fidelity A5. A true magical experience. Plus add the gorgeous dynamics, right weight of sound, huge soundstage, life-like presentation of harmonic boldness. Extended and polite. Name it, its there.

c. Give me more money and your ear's taste and I may brought Ayre and new Cary tubed 308 players. Both are fine.

The four players above have something in common: They play music. Not bim-bam-hss-ding-dong effects and distortion from mid-priced in-player power supplies. No economy here. They are totaly high-end players (all of them) and deserve even a x10 the price of the player speaker or amp , too. Then the music that comes out is a matter of taste. I prefer Musical Fidelity A5 as my absolute reference until I reach the 6000 Euro price. After A5 I prefer the Paganini. Im listening 80 per cent classical music, jazz and a good,big 20 per cent hard rock even metal (from Led Zeppelin and King Crimson to Iron Maiden somethimes). Listen to rock without hi-fi artifacts. The speed of the bass is coming more from your speakers, cables, amps and after them ...CD. Paganini simply present it good, not stunning.

Purchased At:   -

Submitted by demos100 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2005

Bottom Line:
I own Musical Fidelity A5. Im the happiest man on earth when it plays classical music, jazz or rock with the magic and clarity of A5 specific.

If someone told me I must buy a CD about the half price of A5 named with my favorite's violinist of all , Paganini , I will be expected at least to play violins with honor ! ! So, here it is . My reference for low-costing CDs. Don't hear about 'not for rockers'. The Paganini is for those who don't want to panish the ears with sharpness and hi-fi artifacts and lost their soul in the magic of music. Its not the ' nice , but Im sleeping, non fatigue but rounding nature ' cd player.

If you told me, go and buy something more expensive than A5 I could buy Ayre or Cary 308 new CD player. For less there is one option for maximum enjoyment of jazz/classic/rock/hard rock music lovers like Im. The paganini or at least primo.

Now ... what for an amp ? Heh, my absolute favorite, Blue Circle NSCS new solid-state amp that sounds like the most detailed warm tube amp ever.

Also Audio Analogue is a pefrect mate for Pathos Classic One MkII. Cables ? Mate Paganini with Acoustic Zen or Cardas Reference cable or (great) the Varial RCA from Zu Cables. They send the sound to another stratosphere and it deserve this.
Don't forget to listen to Paganini 24 caprice from Telarc. ! It unlock's the player's secret stages, hehehehe.

Purchased At:   athens

Submitted by Reidark a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
Very good sounding - as in round, sweet and comfortable. There are no hard edges whatsoever. This may also lead some to feel that it is a bit dull and unenthusiastic. It is not a player for you if you just play rock'n roll, but for jazz and classical music it is very good in deed!
The controls are not very thought through. They have generally high quality, but it is nearly impossible to see what button does what without full light on in the room. The remote is better in this account, but gives a very cheap feeling.
My player is modified with heavy damping materials inside. This gives less vibration and (hopefully) better sound, since the servos get less to do.

Purchased At:   Norway