Audio Alchemy DDS Pro CD Players

4.67/5 (3 Reviews) MSRP : $1595.00

Stable platter mechanism, inverted disc position.

Submitted by Jim Koukodimos a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2000

Bottom Line:
A poor man's Mark Levinson or Krell.The soundstaging,dynamics,bass depth are the best I have ever heard (I work in Hi-Fi industry).
If you want the best sound for your dollar buy one (second hand now).To get the best out of it, use the I2s connection and the DTI Pro 32,and DDE V.3 DAC,(should be available if you look in used ads).
My set is used with Camelot Tech. I2s cables,MPS power supply,and the latest (last)chip in the DTI Pro 32.
One caveat,have the laser assy. and power supply checked out by a good service techy.

Purchased At:   Audio One

Submitted by Bob Best a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 27, 1997

Bottom Line:
I purchased the DDS Pro after having heard it extensively. I matched the DDS Pro with AA's convertor and anti jitter with I2S cable. I find the sound is pleasing, and less "digital" than many transports/CD players. The imaging is ok, but for me the most enjoyable is the musicallity this machine offers, with sweet highs and midrange with no grain. When compared to the Classe, it did not have near the imaging, but it sounded more like music than the Classe. These machines can be purchased used now, after the collapse of AA, and I would recommend anyone to buy it.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Foo Han Yang a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 28, 1996

Bottom Line:
I found Audio Alchemy DDS Pro to be a perfect match of my Audio Alchemy DDE V3.0DAC with the I2S connection. Infact, after running it for a week or so, I notice
that it actually deserve a better DAC. I might need a DTI Pro 32 to get the best
out of it.
The built quality is impressive. The modified Pioneer Stable platter transport
is quite and sound really good. The external power supply design do brings a
very quiet background and I believe this trend of AA design really make a difference.

Atlantic Technology :