PSB Speakers Century 200Ci
Description: Center Channel Speaker

Submitted by Mesten a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2012

Bottom Line:
I got this to replace a century c100 that didn't stand up well with my mirage 595i front speakers. This is a good match, and I couldn't be more pleased with the sound. I have always preferred the way PSB handles vocals, and this speaker is no exception. You can get these at great prices (paid $40.00 on eBay with free shipping). You would have to pay many tiimes this price to get anything remotely comparable to this speaker.

Submitted by Eric S a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2001

Bottom Line:
Iv used mine for over 3 years and is still going strong!
PSB is my favorite brand and If I went with any other speaker it would be B&W.

Purchased At:   Sound Solutions, Bloomington,Ind

Submitted by erick a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2000

Bottom Line:
outstanding speaker value. this speaker sounds excellent. male and female voices are bang on. very good fidelity, very accurate sound. never trips up even on very demanding soundtracks. outstanding fit and finish. all of these good traits for not too much cash.too bad they discontinued this speaker, if you can find one-buy it. very happy with my purchase of the century 200ci

Purchased At:   great metropolitan sound

Submitted by Keith Mehrer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
An excellent sounding center speaker that's lived up to my expectations and has made DD and DTS a real experience! My only complaint is that it is sometimes overpowered by my PSB 800's which are slightly boomier than the newer (but now extinct) 800i line.

I have the Alpha's hooked up in behind and my system really Rocks! During the bass scenes from Godzilla, all of my speakers felt like they left the ground each time a thump came along...and I don't own a sub!!!

Love all of my PSB's but I think that I'll have to move to the C5 to properly match this center speaker with my older 800's...

Submitted by Darryl Hopkins a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
My setup: Century 800i main, 200i center, no sub, and cheap HK side/rear speakers. Sony DAE90ESG receiver.

I will admit to being a relative neophyte and I have not owned other home theater, so I can't make a lot of comparisons. But for the money (I paid US $200), this center speaker is fantastic for home theater. Male or female voices are so crisp and rich and full. During dialogue scenes (with little or no background noice), all you hear is the voices, with no humming. I love this speaker.