Polk Audio CS400
Description: Magnetically Shielded Center Channel Speaker - Dual 6.5" Drivers and a Fluid Cooled 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Adam Lovan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have a large Home Theater setup with a Mitsubishi big screen in the center. I have this center speaker perched atop the TV. This speaker sounds very nice. The dialogue that comes out of this speakers seems so accurate and real. I can't give this speaker enough compliments. No complaints whatsoever.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Daryl Rogers a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
This center speaker sounds great. I have heard many in my time, and I can honestly say that I have not heard a better speaker. Polk has hit a home run on this one. Good looking too. It is quite large though.

Submitted by Mack a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I really like this speaker. It matches perfectly with my pair of rt1000i. I have had many compliments on my setup, which includes the rt1000i as the fronts, the cs400 center, and rt55i's in the rear. Talk about perfect tonality and seamless movie experience. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Submitted by Bart Johnson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
This center channel is great. I just recently bought a pair of polk rti100's and they are perfectly matched. This speaker sounds so good in movies. I prefer music, but when I watch movies, this speaker does it all. I like the fact that it is capable of producing bass. Most center channel speakers are too whimpy and can't produce all the sound effects, but this speaker sounds perfect in all situations. My next purchase will be DVD audio or sacd, because i like to listen to music most. I am looking forward to using this center channel in that aspect. I also plan on getting the rti38's for the rear. wow i am excited. bravo POLK

Purchased At:   circuit city

Submitted by doc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this thing and first of the only bad thing is the size , you need space for her. The sound is absolutely stunning, its so clear and detailed, had to turn it down a tad because it was overpowering my rt800s(polk), truly a serious sounding powqerful center channel. CC hads them on clearence for 200 as of late find a store with one in stock and snag it.Obviously it pairs better with polk all around.

Purchased At:   Circuit city