Polk Audio CS2
Description: <ul> <li>Video-shielded</li> <li>Bass-reflex design</li> <li>Frequency response 60-24,000 Hz (-3dB)</li> <li>8-ohm impedance</li> <li>Sensitivity 90 dB</li> <li>Handles up to 175 watts</li> <li>5-way binding post terminals</li> <li>21-1/4"W x 7-3/4"H x 11-1/8"D</li> </ul>

Submitted by panchoramos a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 17, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have previously owned an Infinity Primus C25 speaker. I purchased the CS2 to match well with the rest of the Monitor Lineup (Monitor 70 mains & Monitor 40 Surround) and the negative reviews for the CS1 scared me away. The Infinity had a higher freq for high notes, but the Polk Audio was more true to its purpose (vocals, center screen audio) it gives more of a breathy feel and excels in the reproduction of male vocals, which other center channels in its class have a hard time doing accurately. My guess is the relatively large volume of the enclosure provides the effect. All vocals that come out of this thing sound lifelike, from movies, games, even the local news!

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by basics a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 15, 2008

Bottom Line:
It was an open box item and I really don't like to buy things like that. But the salesman assured me it was ok, had been tested properly, and could be returned if I wasn't happy. So I bought it for $80.00 and never looked back. I got the black ones with the silver woofers which match my towers nicely. Very clear response and accurate bass are no problem with this unit. It's a little bigger than the average and I would say closer to 200 watts. It brings a new life to my blue-ray movies and I don't know how I lived without it.

Purchased At:   circuit city