Paradigm Reference Studio CC
Description: <li>Design Center Channel: 3 driver, 2-way, video shielded <li>High-Frequency Driver: 25mm PAL™ pure - aluminum dome, diecast heatsink chassis, ferro - fluid cooled <li>Bass / Midrange Driver(s): Two 165mm, MLP™ mica - polymer cone, AVS™ diecast heatsink chassis, 25mm voice-coil <li>Sensitivity -- Room / Anechoic: 90dB / 87dB <li>Suitable Amplifier Power Range: 15 - 175 watts <li>Height x Width x Depth: 21 x 56 x 30cm, 8-1/16 x 22 x 11-5/8in.

Submitted by dynracer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 4, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been using the Studio CC for about 7 months now. I previously had a paradigm CC-170 that I traded in for and paid the difference for the Studio CC. At first I wasn't happy with the power that my Denon 3802 was pushing to the speaker so I bought me an anthem PVA-5 amp and this significantly helped. I have the Studio set to "large" along with my Studio 80's in the front. A power amp on this center channel makes a huge difference. I'm blown away everytime I watch a good movie with this center channel. For example, this weekend I was watching the teaser trailer for DreamCatcher, cranked, the narrative voice sounds so realistic, strong, its scary.
TV: Mitsubishi WT46809
DVD: Denon 2800
Pre amp: Denon 3802 HT receiver
Amp: Anthem PVA-5
Speakers: Paradigm Studio CC, Studio 80's, Titans (for rears), PS 1000 v.4
Cables: Interconects; van den hul 'seconds', van den hul D102 MKIII's. Component; bettercables Sub;bettercables digital coax; bettercables

Purchased At:   Local Dealer

Submitted by Luis31 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 25, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is, "hands-down", the best-sounding center channel under $5K. I've heard center channel speakers costing thousands more that can't match the Reference CC. Sonus Faber, Energy Veritas, B&W, Totem Acoustics, they did not match up. Only the JM Labs center channel for the Utopias sounded better the Reference CC, but it costs 12 times. more.

A word of caution - Use good amplification, do not run this speaker with a cheap amplifier or receiver.

Enough said...

Purchased At:   Top Audio

Submitted by natal000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have been a great admirer of Paradigm products for a couple of years now and after purchasing the Studio CC my admiration know no limits. I have used several center channel speakers ever since I got into Home Theater in 1996 and say that these are the best I have owned. The clarity of the human voice makes you feel like it is talking to you. The sound from a movie again makes you fell you are right there in the action. Small break in period needed and has to be fed with some nice clean wattage. Nice fit n finish. Perfect match for my Studio 60's (front), Studio 20's (Side Rears), and Monitor 7's (Rear) driven by my excellent Pioneer Elite 45TX receiver.

Purchased At:   Sound Exchange (New

Submitted by 1jmc a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've owned this speaker along with the rest of my Paradigm setup 7.1(Studio 100's,40's,20's + SVS sub) for a while and the sound in both audio and hometheater is to die for. I was only slightly impressed with one other center (B&W Htm1) but the cost was hundreds more. And I just couldn't jutify the price, so I bought this one and haven't looked back. Only one word best describes the Paradigm Reference Studio line "AWESOME" end of story.

Purchased At:   Private sale

Submitted by Greg a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
Researched a lot. The best speaker for the money. I liked the B&W Nautilis but couldn't see paying the difference.