Paradigm Reference Studio CC-470 v3
Description: 2-way design, 2 x 7" mica-polymer cone midrange/bass drivers, 1" satin-anodized pure-aluminum dome tweeter, 65Hz-22kHz ±2dB, 8 Ohm impedance, 90dB sensitivity, 34lb.

Submitted by John Sinomich a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
Absolutely sweet vocal reproduction. Very musical and perfect for SACD and DVD-A. I am so happy with this speaker! Have driven it with a variety of amps (Rotel, Bryston, Parasound) and they all sounded magnificient with this speaker. Nothing sounds bad with this CC-470!

Purchased At:   Audio Sound Unlimite

Submitted by Bigpitak a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
I purchased this center to compliment my already existing studio reference system. I have it matched with the Reference studio 100's ADP surrounds and PW2200 sub.

Great center channel. I really never knew how important this speaker was. I was using a Infinity center that i purchased from Future shop some years ago just to hold me over. When i put this unit into my theater, it really came alive.

Clarity is amazing, and this center actually makes Bass!!! Its being powered by an Integra DTR 7.1 receiver.

Musically its great too. I never listened to multi-channel stereo untill i bought this unit. Voice reproduction and transparency is amazing. I'm very happy with it.

Purchased At:   EHR

Submitted by Joe Mueller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2005

Bottom Line:
Compliments my Axiom 60 Front and works great together with the Axiom Epicenter 500.
Even before I got the SUB, the Paradigm bass sounded fantastic rich deep and clear and high notes piano and guitars sounded like they were real and in your room. with the sub, this one can't be beat for the money.

Purchased At:   Soundcity

Submitted by logoguy905 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 13, 2004

Bottom Line:
Reciently I had read online a post concerning the differences between Paradigm's new Reference CC's.... The cc470 and the cc570.
In the review it made mention that while the 470 was simply the logical upgrade from the Studio CC, that the 570 was substantially the better speaker with full deep bass. Well, I'm here to contradict this finding!

I reviewed the 470 and 570 in store, and derived very little difference between the two. the 570 is only slightly better... and more than half the time not noticably so AT ALL. In fact, I found you really had to do some strong A/Bing to notice any difference. They're very close.

Retail on the 570 (my dealers great price) was 800 CAD... while the 470 was only 560 CAD. So I guess what it comes down to is to question wether the 570 is worth the extra (almost) 250 CAD? I would say no... no it's not. If you want to voice match with 20's or 40's, stick with the 470 I'd say. If you've got 100's up front, and some extra cash, perhaps the 570's might have a slight edge.

I don't want you to think that my review was just in the show room, as I've been running the new 470 at home now for a few days. I can attest that it sounds just as good, and images perfectly, with my Studio 40 v.3 fronts and adp470 rears.

My past system consisted of the Studio CC and 40's v2. I was never happy with the CC and felt it lacked depth and did not sync with the fronts. I know there are those that would argue this point with me, as there are many excellent reviews on the old CC. It wasn't bad, it just was not great. Well, the 470 IS GREAT! And it's not just the new cc470... the hole v3 line sounds so fresh and open compared to the old lineup. Great job Paradigm!

Purchased At:   Local Dealer - Toron

Submitted by thor_318 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a great centre channel speaker. However, this centre will reveal the limitations in some DVD films audio tracks. If a film is poorly mixed, this centre will tell you about it. Other DVDs in my collection sound like a new mix. The Fifth Element really shows off the capabilities of this speaker in my home theater system. I upgraded from a CC-370 once broke in this speaker shines like now other in its price range. Perefct match to the V.3 20s