Legacy Audio Silver Screen
Description: 3-way center speaker

Submitted by olsonkev a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
Awesome. It mates perfectly with my Victoria main speakers that I've been enjoying for almost 10 years now. I still don't know why Legacy discontinued the Victoria model.
The sound on the SilverScreen is as clear and crisp as the air in the middle of the Nevada desert on a December night. I love it.

Purchased At:   Legacy Audio

Submitted by Wayne a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just had to write another review after finishing the Foccus review. In that review I referred to the Silver Screen purchase as a "Cinema Grand" purchase. I must have been thinking about the Bob Carver creation that I auditioned before I bought the Outlaw pre-pro for thousands of dollars less. They say the second thing to go is the memory. Can't remember what the first thing is. But anyway that (the Outlaw vs. the Cinema Grand), as they say, is a story for another time. The Silver Screen replaced a Radio Shack center channel (talk about a major upgrade). The center channel sits below a DaLite screen. I use an InFocua projector for my viewing in this room, mostly of the DVD and VHS variety.

Purchased At:   Columbia, MO dealer

Submitted by audiom3 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
What a difference a quality center channel speaker can make! It's very dynamic, with lots of big sound. Build quality is absolutely top notch. The finish matches my Classics and Powered Impact Sub beautifully.

Purchased At:   Legacy Audio

Submitted by Jim Gaffney a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought Silver Screen as part of a complete home theater package.(classics,silver screen and pacemaker sub) I auditioned about 15 manufacturers,including paradigm,psb all of whom had great speakers,but the Legacy was just a step above . The Silver Screen reproduces dialogue better than any center channel I,ve heard.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Ken Falls a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 1999

Bottom Line:
Bought this center to match a pair of Focus I purchased used. The match was perfect. I had to order the speaker, which took several weeks to build and deliver, and upon arrival I noticed when placing it on my TV that the bottom was not square (wouldn't lie flat on surface). I called the manufacturer and requested another be delivered stating the problem. After several more weeks their response was that 18 other Silver Screens were made they were all with the same defect. Their solution was to put Audioquest Big Feet under it. This didn't sit well with me, but after owning the speaker for over a year I would not part with it. Build quality? I am tempted to say a four, but because the rest of the speaker/finish is so good, I still give it a 5. In comparison to many speakers considered to be 5s this one falls right in.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile