Klipsch SC-1
Description: Two-way system using one 1" (2.54cm) K-101-S magnetically shielded neodymium magnet, aluminum dome compression driver with a 90°x 60° Tractrix Horn and two 5.25" (13.3cm) K-1079-SV magnetically shielded woofers.

Submitted by bigdaveman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
I purchased this speaker to replace a smaller Klipsch center, boy am I glad I did. The SC1 matches beautifully with the other Klipsch speakers in my system. Voices and effects are crisp, with base to spare. Can also handle SACD and DVD audio with no problem.

Purchased At:   Vanns

Submitted by Nethaniel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
Clear & detailed sound. I connected all of my Klipsch speakers with a Denon 1801 HT reciever(known for smoothness & clarity). The center started life with KSB 2.1 book shelf front speakers (on speaker stands) and Klipsch rears (smallest horn tweeter and 4" woofer).
The SC-1 center has held it's own and earned the right to stay with my systen during it's upgrade.

Purchased At:   www.Brandnamez.com

Submitted by Just1n20 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2003

Bottom Line:
Love my SF-2's so I wanted a matching center to go with them. Really no long term searching for a center. Read good reviews on this site about it and made me feel more confident in my choice. And at the price i found it for couldn't turn away from it.

Plain looking speaker but looks are made up for by it's sound. Size was good for my Sharp 27" flat screen. 5way Binding posts are nice to have. Midrange is well defined. Enough bass response for my 12'x12' bedroom. Crisp and clear dialogue and highs from the horn. Vocals in music are perfect with ProLogic II. I would love to hear this with DVD-Audio or a Multi-Channel SACD. Rubber attachable feet are supplied to keep it in place. Boxing was less then I expected, but sturdy enough and didn't let it move like nuts inside.

Purchased At:   Brandnamez.com

Submitted by michael dobey a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
klipsch always provides excellent value for the price , this is the best center at THIS price range, one hundred eighty to two fifty range, the only products at this price range that are equal to the value in loud volume and clarity are perhaps athenas.

Purchased At:   soundtrack

Submitted by niilo a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
That price is 200 Canadian... I have been researching on this site for months before settling on the equipment I was going to purchase...After reading all the reviews, and doing the listening tests at local audio shops, I decided on the SC-1 as my centre channel...and I am quite impressed with the quality and clarity of sound reproduction at this price...Klipsch has been known for their crisp and clean sound quality so why look elsewhere for a quality centre channel? Presently the centre channel is being used in my one bedroom condo and it does not fail to impress...

Purchased At:   bargain finder...4 m