Klipsch RC3 II
Description: 3 way center channel speaker.

Submitted by AudioPhileExpert101 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
This Center Speaker is definitely a player in the high end audio world. For the money it is fantastic. The vocals are lifelike and the overall sound quality is great. The only thing that comes to mind that isn't great is that the treble can he harsh at times. Rarely a problem, but it can give off an uncomfortable shrillness when trying to reproduce certain frequencies. Even though the tweeters are the same as the other speakers in the Reference series, the center is the only one that is noticeably harsher than others. I figured it was a reflection off the oak TV stand so I used a thin felt strip on the horn to soften up the tone. It worked great. Also, the grilles are WEAK! they break just by looking at them. I can't complain though. A+ in my book!

Purchased At:   Friend

Submitted by Mario M a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 18, 2003

Bottom Line:
I just bought the Klipsch RC-3II and it's exactly what I needed and then some. It was the only piece missing in my system and it met all the requirements. The clarity is so good it makes my ears bleed and thats a good thing.

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by majesticix a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
My Klipsch Center is driven by a 100 watt Sony receiver (cheap amp, STR-D675). Currently, my amp doesn't give this speaker much justice, however because of excellent sensitivity of Klipsch products, their speakers play loud with little amount of power.

This speaker illustrates proper imaging across the viewing stage. It blends beautifully with my Klipsch RF-3 tower fronts.

The horn provides a dynmaic and unique sound that dome-tweeters do not. This is a rock speaker, simply put. It may not represent classical music as well as a B&W Kevlar speaker, but as far as cymbal crashing rock and window smashing action, Klipsch is a winner.

The RC-3II will heighten your music listening to new levels, while providing LOUD and CLEAN audio. I've had this speaker running hot with my low-level Sony, and the RC-3 isn't working too hard. I've never had it distort, and I don't think it you can play it loud enough to distort without ruining your hearing.

Aesthetically, the RC-3 is a well-designed speaker with excellent build quality. The chromed gold woofers are especially pleasing. The immense size is also attractive (to me). My only complain is the grill. Poor materials, very weak and easy to break (All reference grills are weak, they all broke during shipping).

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by jim bird a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 18, 2002

Bottom Line:
I was using mission 772's as my center and mains and it sounded good,but was not
very efficient. I replaced my missions with the rc-3 center and it is amazing. It is efficient sounds clean and puts you
in the middle of the movie. The sound just fills the room at all volumes. It is biampable and comes in choice of colors. If you like great sound at an affordable buy this baby!

Purchased At:   tweeter

Submitted by Hi Fidelty a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: August 17, 2002

Bottom Line:
Just upgraded my center from a 10 year old Klipsch center channel.Dialogue on thie center and matches my new RF311's main speaker great.

Purchased At:   Local Dealer