Klipsch C-1
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Response: 100Hz - 23kHz +/-3dB</li> <li>Sensitivity: 93.5dB 2.83 volts/1 meter</li> <li>Power Handling: 50 w (200 w peak)</li> <li>Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms</li> <li>Crossover Frequency: 3000Hz</li> </ul>

Submitted by dagosa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 7, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker as an open box special for less than $100. I expected it to be overly bright, but is not at all and quite manageable with the tone control. Dispersion as with most inexpensive centers is weak but to be expected. The built quality is quite good and it fits with the rest of the system. I run it with a center channel sub, crossed over at 100hz plus so it can handle a good amount of power. Overall, I'm pleased with mach to the BICs, ARs and Velodyne subwoofer in the system. I have gone through a center channel a year looking for something that doesn't exist; an inexpensive, good sounding center. In early listening, this unit comes close. When hear fatigue sets in, I'll alter my opinion...maybe.

Submitted by Grandslam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 3, 2006

Bottom Line:
I recently replaced my Yamaha NS-C125 with this little gem. The Yamaha just wasn't cutting it matched with JBL E-80s fronts, Bose 161s for the rears and Yamaha sub. I had very limited room for for the center and this speaker fit my space and wallet with perfect symmetry. It was as if my system doubled in size. You will be very hard pressed finding a better quality product for this price and size. This is a fairly small speaker that performs like a giant. If you are looking for a small center with incredible performance at a reasonable price look no further.

Purchased At:   Best Buy