JBL EC35
Description: <ul> <li>Equipped with JBL's tried-and-true titanium-laminate tweeters, 3" midrange and dual 5 1/4" woofers</li> <li>FreeFlow™ flared port</li> <li>The Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal waveguide</li> <li>The computer-designed, lock-mitred cabinet virtually eliminates distortion</li> </ul>

Submitted by Stege a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
I also bought the Harman Kardon 970 amplifier and the Harman Kardon HD 970 CD-Player. Along with Oehlbach Silver 2.5mm speaker cable and the Oehlbach NF 214 interconnect cable. This setup is one of the best money can buy setups in its price range. The highs and mids are crisp and clear and go as high as drilling your brains if the volume is set to high. On a demo CD, fine metal powder was spilled along a thin metal pipe (I think) Man, u really need to hear how that sounds on this configuration!
The lows are really a statement until 75% of volume on original CDs. Im using ogg and flacs also but the sistem highligts the poor quality in contrast with a real audio CD.
Regarding the muscles. The 970 serie has a stated 75W per channel. The HK 3480 has a stated 120W per channel. However, testing these 2 side by side, the 970 has an ase in his sleeves. 970 can handle a peak of 75mA while the 3480 only 40mA. The sound is more well defined on 970 and as much as powerfull as his big brother sistem (with 3480)

Purchased At:   Romania

Submitted by ika007 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
Excellent product! I am very pleased with this buy.

Submitted by Ika a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2006

Bottom Line:
Very good center channel. After reading so many good reviews i decided to go for it and eventhough the jbl northridge isn't the best system from JBL still i decided to only get the center channel cause of the good price and value for money and indeed i am very happy with my buy.

Submitted by Patrick a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 21, 2006

Bottom Line:
Bought based on the CNet review, and the fact that it was a 3-way center, which is almost impossible to find at a decent price. Was a little worried buying a speaker without having heard it first hand. First impression when it arrived- "this speaker is HUGE!"- do not expect to put it atop a TV.
Then I wired it in. The sound is fantastic. Voices come through clear and natural. I hear subtle sounds I never heard on a soudtrack before. I am so impressed with this speaker I plan on buying two more for my left and right.

Submitted by jbl_forever a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: April 6, 2006

Bottom Line:
Every review I read had 5 stars on the JBL E35 so I bought it online. I was a little worried because I didn't listen to the speaker before I bought it but this speaker is absolutely incredible to say the least. Every sound is clearly heard and the bass from this speaker is impressive (even though it has two small midrange subs). This speaker blew away any of my Yamaha speakers that I previously owned. I honestly would rather listen to a movie with this speaker than go to a movie theater. I own JBL E80's and JBL E10's, but the JBL E35 has the best sound from any speaker that I have heard and you can buy it relatively cheap now adays. I have owned this speaker for three years now and never once had a problem with it. I recommend it to anyone that has space for it.

Purchased At:   EBAY