Energy Speaker Systems Take 1

Submitted by frank herrera a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
Excellent sound from this small box. Just right when matched with the take 2's

Purchased At:   Good Guys

Submitted by xRAzORx a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 25, 2000

Bottom Line:
Have this coupled with a set of JBL Music2 sats at four corners and a some powered subs. I use a Denon AVR1800 with a Raite AVPhile 715 DVD. I go Digital Co-Ax into the Denon and usually listen to DTS or DD DVD's. Although many stores who can get this say the Take1 is timbre matched to the Take2 satellites, it is a great match as well for my JBL Music2 sat's. Each (Take1 and Music2 sat) has dual 3 1/2"mids. The sats have a bass port and a titanium tweeter while the Take 1 has no bass port (that I've found) and a semi-metallic tweeter. When running test tones around the channels, it is only slightly off from the sats. To alleviate any issues during movies I leave the "Cinema EQ" enabled on the Denon and the front three blend beautifully. The Take1 has a wide dispersion filed for its very small size 4" high x 10" wide x 5" deep. It really projects the center sound very well. It is unmatched in its size, price ,and quality in combination. They are just very hard to find and normally have to ordered from a local retailer as Energy doesn't allow mail order or on-line purchases. I highly recommend this center for use with sat/sub systems. For those with full size fronts, the timbre may be too off though for it to be a good match.

Submitted by Phil Macino a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2000

Bottom Line:
Love it. This speaker is crisp, clean, and fills up a room! It is ideal if you don't want a huge center channel sitting on top of your set, but still want great sound.

Submitted by Matt Wallace a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2000

Bottom Line:
I've had this speaker for about a month and have been blown away by it every day. It has been a long time since I have been this excited over my HT! I know it's a small speaker, but it truly fills my room with detail and sounds great from any position. I have it placed with a set of towers and rear Pro Logic upgrades, and it sounds great. I will be buying the Take 2's next for surround use, as I am positive I will be as impressed with the dramatic difference I can HEAR in every movie- even in Pro Logic and on video games. It's just unreal how big an impact it made in my house. Good luck to you in yours!! With this speaker, you won't need help!

Submitted by don zafuto a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
EXCELLENT Mid-range priced center speaker. I've got the Energy Take-5 system, and this center speaker meshes well with the complete set.