Energy Speaker Systems eXL C
Description: Center Channel

Submitted by acrzycat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 23, 2003

Bottom Line:
Great sounding center channel I love the sound it reproduces it's very clear and claen. I have exl25 for my fronts and exl16 for my rears and they sound incredible togather. I wish they still made the front and rears I have, would buy more for my other rooms.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys

Submitted by Gary Bitters a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
Very nice natural sounding speaker for the money. I like the way it looks and sounds. goes well with my exl-15s.

Purchased At:   Audio Connection

Submitted by digwiz a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
In a way, I'm dissapointed with myself because I waited so long to buy this center. I previosuly was using a Sony Center channel. What a difference! I had no idea a center channel could sound so rich and deep! The transition between my exl-26's and the exl-c is seamless. before I had to constantly adjust the volume level between action scenes and dialogue scenes. Now, it just all comes togeather. Five stars all around!
System:
AWIA DVD

Purchased At:   The Goodguys

Submitted by Bryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the e: XL C to replace the Take 1.2 center channel speaker in my Take 5.2 system. Athough the e: XL C is recommended for use with other Energy e: XL speaker systems, I have found it to be a very nice compliment to the 2.2 satelite speakers and the S8.2 subwoofer. Tremendous improvement over the 1.2 center channel speaker, which I consider an impressive unit in light of it's size. The e: XL C has brought warmth, clarity, and a greater sense of realism to my existing system.

Purchased At:   The Good Guys

Submitted by Ryan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought the JBL N-centre for $200, then talked a salesman at another store into selling me the xl-c for the same price. I took them both, and compared them side by side. This is really the only way to compare two products (DO IT WITH YOUR SYSTEM, NOT AT THE STORE - they have clever ways of altering the sound so you buy what they make the most commision on)

THERE WAS NO COMPARISON. I thought the JBL sounded good, but when I compared them, the xl-c made the JBL sound muffled. The Energy was so much more clear and crisp. GET THIS FOR YOUR CENTRE, you won't be dissappointed!