Cerwin Vega V-5C
Description: <ul> <li>Description: Dual 5.25" 2-Way Central-Channel</li> <li>Frequency Response: 60 Hz - 20 kHz</li> <li>Recommend Power: 10 - 150 watts</li> <li>Sensitivity: 91 dB</li> <li>Impedance: 8 compatible</li> <li>Protection: Self-Reseting PTC (tweeter)</li> <li>Dimensions (H x W x D): 6 3/8" x 16 3/16" x 7 3/8"</li> <li>Weight: 10.4 lb./4.7 kg</li> <li>Finish: Gray Granite Vinyl</li> </ul>

Submitted by mr. budget a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 26, 2005

Bottom Line:
I just got this and I never had a center channel before. It's great, I didn't know what midwoofers were and I love them now. I just assumed it was a tweeter and two midranges but I noticed something different and awesome sounding. I've been missing too much. These are an excellent value and I have other models from the series, they are an excellent value and quality. Stack on a 5-year warranty, it's a great deal. Sound a whole lot better than I ever thought.

Purchased At:   n/a

Submitted by nib a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
I was ammazed on how good this speaker sounds and looks. Very clear and crisp. Not as big and bulky as other centers with this kind of quality.If you can find a better one for under $200 not to mention under $100, I would like to hear it.This speaker would fit well with any home theater.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
This is a really good center channel speaker.I was considering the cerwin vega E-76C which got excellent reviews,but is somewhat big for my 32" tv.Then i considered the E-75C and the newer model V-5C.This was to replace an AUDIOSOURCE center channel that wasn't bad,but didn't seem to have enough dialogue on voices.I read a review on CERWIN VEGA V-SERIES speakers in Stereophile Magazine,and they rated them highly.I own a pair of CERWIN VEGA DX-7 speakers for my front mains and really like them alot.The V-5C blends in very good with them.The dialogue in voices and midrange is much louder and clearer,and the bass is much better,because this speaker goes down to 60HZ.I've always liked CERWIN VEGA speakers because they are priced cheaper than audiophile speakers and they sound good,and also pack a serious whallop.For the price,I think this center channel speaker is a real contender.

Purchased At:   The Tweeter Group