Canton AV700BK
Description: <br>

Submitted by RicoVerde a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
Admittedly my search for a new center channel was nudged by a size issue with my current center channel (Kef Coda 80) in our new entertainment center. I was pretty happy with the Coda 80 but it just didn't look right in the enclosure (stuck out / too deep) and moving it elsewhere was not an option.

I was turned on to Canton by a local home theater custom install shop owner when I had called about Klipsch bookshelf speakers, of all things. He mentioned how happy he was with Canton - their sonic performance was top notch and decently priced. Canton, contrary to one's assumption, is actually a German company who has been in the business for 35 years. I 'filed' this info away and ...

... happened upon the Canton AV700 for sale on eBay. Admittedly it was a leap of faith after never having heard it, but Canton's reputation (based on the aforementioned conversation and some reviews that I found after some Google searches) drove me to bid and win at roughly one third the retail price.

The fit in my new furniture is perfect. The sound, after recalibrating with my receiver, is outstanding. Accurate, strong when it has to be, nice balance across the frequency range. The fact that it's a different brand than my other speakers is not a concern. The voice-match issue is not a big deal to me and the result after calibration has me in awe.

Purchased At:   eBay