Boston Acoustics Micro 90C
Description: 2-Way Center Channel Speaker - (2) 3.5" Drivers and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by IBStrollin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 11, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have the Boston Acoustics 90c II, which is identical to the 90c. It is used in a HT system that I put together from Ebay, which consists of a Boston Avidea 610 AM/FM/DVD ($68) receiver along with Radio Shack Minimus 77 ($15) fronts and Minimus 7 ($20) rears and a Boston Acoustics MicroMedia 5.25" subwoofer ($20). The whole system cost me about $250, including the Radio Shack custom stands ($25) made for the 77s (or 7s), replacement of the woofers in the 77s with Peerless 831990 ($10 ea) woofer, replacement of the caps ($3.50 ea) in the 77s and 7s. To say the least, I am happier with this system than my Denon 1802 with (2) Sony subs and Polk R30 fronts, r15 rears and CSi25 center. The sound is crystal clear, and what brought it all together was the Boston Micro 90c II. This is my second Boston speaker, as I also have a pair of CR-57 in an office system. Especially when watching movies, this small 5.1 system is very impressive.
The clarity of the Boston Micro 90c II when listening to dialog is great. I have many friends tell me that they cannot believe the sound from this small system. If you can find one, buy it. You won't be disappointed!

Submitted by Exit39 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 2008

Bottom Line:
For a bedroom or den which doesn't have a huge TV this speaker from Boston acoustics is one of the best centers that they ever made. I know because I have owned them all practicaly and use a VR-12 in my theater. They call it a Micro Reference for a reason.

The audio of voice and music is fantastic and I would put it up against a lot of other manufacturers in the $300-$400 range. I would also say that it is better than a lot of their newer models in the same price range.

Get one of these for your Bedroom and the wife will never complain as to it's size!

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by hedged a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2002

Bottom Line:
For such a small footprint, this center delivers remarkable sound. You will have to give it some time to burn in a little (about 15-20 hours) and after the break in, the sound will mellow a little.

The speaker is great for tv, and dvd's and ok for music. I have used h/k centers before and have extensively listened to Polk and JBL centers in this price range and the Boston sounds just as good, if not better at a smaller size. If you're looking for a smallish center that produces great sound, consider this speaker.

Submitted by jeff a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
Like alot of people I have finally realized the importance of a GOOD center speaker in a surround sound system.I have Boston acoustics with the same tweeter in my front speakers.Now I can hear diaglogue and not wonder if I should be investing in a miracle ear.Additionally,since my wife would not entertain getting rid of our entertainment furniture, I needed something small to fit in.This works great and I definitely recommend this speaker for tight spaces.

Purchased At:   tweeter

Submitted by Lynn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2001

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker to go with my boston cr9s. This center speaker is crystal clear especially when playing DVDs.

Purchased At:   tweeter