B&W Matrix HTM
Description: 6.5" Woofer and 1" Tweeter (1974-1984)

Submitted by ayub shafi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2000

Bottom Line:
This speaker intergates with the B&W P4 speakers so well. This set-up does require the use of a subwoofer though. The CC is a full range speaker and sounds just perfect. Treble is accurate without being harsh, mid-range is just the best that I have heard.

Purchased At:   Practical Hi-Fi (UK)

Submitted by Brian a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2000

Bottom Line:
please read my review of the matrix 805s, same goes for this speaker as it is basically a magnetically shielded 805.
Wonderful sound...seamless integration with 805s. A perfect match. A subwoofer is a must have.

Submitted by Ernest a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was fortunate enough to test this CC speaker against the Nautilus HTM2 in the comfort of my own home. I currently have the CC6 which I found to lack LF extension and slightly boxy with vocals. This centre is a definite improvement over the CC6 in all aspects and well worth the extra dollars. Although I did not A/B this centre to the CDM-CSE, I would put it on par with it. When I compared this centre to the Nautalus HTM2, I was amazed at the improvements in B&W have made in the musicality area. Therefore I can only give this centre a four star and the HTM2 a five star.
The equipment used to test is as follows:-
Yamaha DSP-A1; Pioneer DVL-919; Monster M1000D digital Interconnect;
Monster M1.4 bi-wire for the centre.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by Sonny Tuazon a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 16, 1999

Bottom Line:
This is the perfect center speaker! Sounds big, crystal clear dialogue, and can be played at high levels and not show signs of strain and fatigue. I actually use a couple of HTM's one placed on top of my Toshiba rear projection TV and the other one right underneath the screen. They're being driven by a B&K 4420 stereo power amp with the B&K 4090 as processor. This speaker is full range and handles DTS and AC-3 encoded films with ease. I tell you if you give so much importance to your center channel try the HTM. It replaced my B&W CC6 center speakers and the improvement was amazing. I don't know how the HTM would compare with the new breed of B&W's Nautilus center channels but I'am sure it won't lag behind that much. Again my thanks to Mr. Joey Lim of TOYAMA (the exclusive importer of B&W for the assistance) and IMAGE VIDEO of Harrison Plaza for the discount. The HTM, the importer and the dealer all of them deserve a 5 star rating.

Submitted by CB a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 15, 1998

Bottom Line:
After some searching (and searching) the web, I finally was able to find an HTM to round out my B&W speaker system (Matrix 804's and DS-6's). These are driven by a Denon 3200 receiver, which has a 5 channel stereo mode as well as something they call "matrix", which uses all 5 channels also. The HTM, which is nothing more than a horizontally oriented Matrix 805, does a great job in keeping up with music, and of course is a full range center channel speaker for HT, a task which it handles very well. The whole system IMHO is amazing. Makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. The HTM is an integral part of the system and would recommend it to anyone as a full range center channel speaker. It looks good, although it is a little tall, with the external tweeter. I am completely satisfied and would buy one again, especially with other B&W speakers.