B&W LCR 6S2
Description: Center Channel - (2) 6.5" Driver and 1" Tweeter

Submitted by Tone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2004

Bottom Line:
Okay, I was in the market for a B&W LCR600 S3 and lucked out to find a used mint condition predecesor LCR6 S2. I had just hooked up the newly acquired B&W LCR6 to my right stereo channnel and played Rush's Tom Saywer, then look over with wide eyes at Michelle (total babe girlfriend). As I pan the balance left and right to the sweeet-sounding Mission 764 tower and then to the LCR6 she confirms immediately that the B&W sounds way better....and that I'm "NOT EVEN TO THINK ABOUT UPGRADING TO MORE OF THESE EXPENSIVE SPEAKERS!!" Enough said??

I'm not into $30,000 stereos, but I am into $7,000 ones, and have been for 2 decades - even my $7,000 car stereo has a JMLAb front end in the form of high end component Focals. So take it from someone who is probably right for your price range (considering you are looking at this regularly $750 Canadian priced Center Channel and not a $2,500 one) - this speaker sounds warm, clear, sweet and makes me want to turn that sweetness up more and more. I detected no harshness whatsoever in 2 channel stereo mode, and expect the same once I integrate it into my surround system.

As expected, at 89db and 8ohms the B&W seems to require ample amounts of clean power, but what a payoff in sound quality. From this experience I may soon end up uprading everything to this next level of B&W speakers.

Note: I purchased this unit used so it was probably broken in upon arrival - from the other reviews I suspect this is an important thing to remember if you are buying one of these or a LCR600 S3.

Purchased At:   Sound of Music

Submitted by starguygwb a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
Since selling my pre-amp, amp combo to get into surround sound, I've been listening with B&W 602s2, and 601s2 but with a center channel given to me from a friend. I found this center at my HiFi shop and brought it home. WOW what a difference, I've had to rewatch all my movies again to see(hear) what I've been missing. If you have B&W speakers and want to match the center channel to them, go ahead and give a listen if you can find one. I got lucky when my shop bought extra when they found out there was a new model coming.

Purchased At:   Alma's HiFi

Submitted by Huy Nguyen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got this speaker for the center channel after comparing with Jbl S center, Klipsch Rc-3, AR Sc2. LCR 6 S2 is the best speaker. Klipsch Rc-3 is the next crisp, clean but it needs more bass.

Purchased At:   Dong Thanh Co.,Ltd.

Submitted by dcmulli a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I needed a larger center to match my mains(B&W 605's). So I upgraded to the LCR. The LCR made my CC6 sound like a toy. Crisper highs with a much deeper bottom end. The midrange matches the 605's pretty well also. Don't waste money on the CC3's or the CC6's. The LCR6 is well worth the extra money.

Purchased At:   Sound Innovations

Submitted by rock-man a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 29, 2002

Bottom Line:
I purchased 5 LCR 6s2 speakers powered by
a Onkyo TX-DS797 6.1 receiver and M282 amp
for Newton S300 surround back speakers.The
center speaker sit's on my Sony 32HS20 and
the other 4 on StudioTech SC-24 stands. I
choose all the same to listen to SACD's. I
Have a Sony SCD-C222ES SACD player and using 5 matched timbre speakers the sound
is fantastic. All cables are silver serpent between components. Everything sit's on Standesign DTV-40,3-shelf video rack. Also there's a Sony DVP-NS700P dvd
player and a JVC SVHS u9600 vcr. The sub is a Velodyne CT-150 to make up the low end. I had to swap out the casters on the rack because of the weight with heavy duty
casters. The living room is 22'x 14'.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice