Axiom Speaker Company VP100
Description: The VP100 gives any movie clean dialog! In a medium room with an amp of moderate power, it's a perfect sonic match for Axiom's M3 bookshelves, or the M50 or M60 towers. Features our proprietary anti-standing wave cabinet housing dual 5.25" aluminum woofers and a 1" titanium dome tweeter. Measures 7.5" high by 17" wide by 7.5" deep. Can be inverted for low installation. Beautifully finished in Black Oak or Boston Cherry, or over 100 custom finishes available in Axiom's Customize Yours store.

Submitted by subabu2002 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
I am living in india,actually i got these center speaker from singapore classifieds.com.one shop was winding up,so he sold for cheap price.

in U.S. these center is available for over 175$.so i am very very happy with these low price.

WOW a great center speaker.. i am very happy with these center..i tested to compare my axiom with my friends center speakers jbl(sc305),kenwood and mission(m3c). jbl is harsh,kenwood and mission was good.but axiom wins over the three models.

TREBLE:
it`s treble is very nice. accurate beat treble.not harsh,chisssssssss,etc.

BASS:
mid bass is slightly less,but why care for bass in center speaker..first actually i disappointed about the bass from axiom,but after listening various centers to connect with my receiver, i felt like win the battle over my friends.

MID:
voices were sweat from axiom.not under or over pronounced.sounds like breaths,
sighs,paper counting,were easily heard when watching movies.

i dont know about audiophile center speakers..so i give 4 stars for overall rating and for value rate,i got it for very cheap price.

for budget level speakers this axiom has very good sound and i recommended as `BEST BUY`.

my setup:
1.AV RECEIVER - pioneer vsx-d711(4.5 stars)
2.FRONT SPEAKERS - mission m32 bookshelf (4.8 stars)very nice money value speakers
3.CENTER SPEAKER - axiom vp-100(4.5 stars)
4.REAR SPEAKERS - polk r15(3 stars)low budget value speaker..
5.SUBWOOFER - yamaha yst-sw320(4 stars)big sound but not accurate.

Purchased At:   singapore classified

Submitted by radium a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 9, 2005

Bottom Line:
The price paid is in CAD. I got this as a match to my M60ti's. For the price it offers great value and I would recommend it to anyone. It does have some shortcomings that I was not going to live with so I returned it. Axiom customer service is nothing short of outstanding. People who rate this 1 out of 5 need to get themselves checked. I eventually got a Monitor Audio GRLCR and never looked back.

Purchased At:   Axiom

Submitted by ace5000 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had a m22ti pair delivered to check out all the hype. I loved them right out of the box! I therefore ordered the VP-100 center to see if I should go all Axiom. This is the worst center I have ever listened to. It sounds like a transistor radio in a box - pure crap. Not only is smaller than the 22s, it is not ported as they are and sounds like hisses and S sounds. If you like the 22s, get a single one for the center for a matched system. I don't mean to be so negative but, I have heard many a center in this one is more than weak.

Purchased At:   direct

Submitted by mhorgel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased my VP100 along with Axiom M60ti's and QS4's. I guess the best praise I can give this speaker is that when listening to surround sound sources, I am not really aware that it is there. It blends seamlessly with my M60 mains. Dialogue is always clear. The only negative is my slight regret that I didn't get the (reportedly) even better VP150. I give it 4 stars only because VP150 is said to be better

Purchased At:   Axiom website

Submitted by mediahound a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 8, 2002

Bottom Line:
i'm using this speaker with a set of Paradigm Mini Monitors and believe it or not, it's a great companion to those speakers and blends well. first off, it's of a similar design (ie. poly drivers, titanium tweeter material). the design and look is also quite similar. both are Canadian companies and probably used the same Canadian national research labs to test their speakers.

compared with Paradigm's own center channel speaker, the Axiom is much more clear and just sounds less muddy. non muddy sound is important in a center channel speaker as it's what provides the meat of the dialog for movies. my movies are much more intelligible with the Axiom. And although I usually enjoy music in 2 channel stereo mode, I sometimes play music in surround mode and the Axiom sure sounds fine here too.

some might complain that you should keep your center channel speaker the same brand as your mains in order to achieve timbre matching. in my case, i'm quite happy with the blend. the sound may be slightly different between the Axiom and the Paradigms, but not enough for me to notice that anything is unbalanced or wacky.