ROTEL RCC 945
Description: 6 Disc Changer

Submitted by lyoung a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 4, 2012

Bottom Line:
I originaly purchased October 16, 1998. to replace a previous player that had a bad laser pick up. Now almost 14 years later it is still going strong. I thoroughly enjoy the sound. I have it coupled with the Rotel RA-820B Integrated amp purchased in 1986 and listen to my music , mostly Classical and Jazz, through Beyrdynamic DT 990 (600 ohm) headphones, depth , clarity, soundstage is very satisfying to my ear. Over the past 14 years this has seen almost daily use. I have often thought of upgrading but don't have a good reason to at this point. Yes it does make quite a bit of noise when changing or loading cd's but mechanisim still works perfectly. Enjoy

Submitted by speakerman24 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2004

Bottom Line:
I purchased this unit on ebay as a steal for $111 and hooked it up to my system (denon, speakerlab) and it sounded great the clarity was amazing as well as the distinct instruments that came onto the scene. This is an amazing player.

Submitted by dahmer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 19, 2002

Bottom Line:
Nice sound. I upgraded from a Sony unit. I really did not think there would be much difference, but I was way wrong!!! Sounds fantastic! I am slowly going to listen to all my old CDs again. They all sound different. Warmer and heavier in bass. I basically stopped using my Sony months ago. I was using the analog outputs from my Toshiba SD9200 DVD player, which is excellent, but this blows that away. I only bought this unit because it was a demo and it was cheap. It was mostly to replace the Sony and thats it. But I think I will be using this for my CDs exclusively!!! Very impressed!

Purchased At:   Sound Exchange

Submitted by Prateek a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have used this player for 2 years now and continue to be impressed.

My system consists of the following:

Rotel RSP-976 preamp
Rotel RMB-1075 amp
Carver CT-23 preamp (used only for tuner)
Kef Reference model 2 main speakers
Kef Reference C100 center
Kef K25 surrounds
I was initially going to buy a CAL ICON II, but my wife wanted a changer (and didn't want me to spend that much money). I found this at a local dealer as a demo unit. I have not regretted this purchase since then. This unit sounds much less "digital" than any other unit I have tried in this price range.

Purchased At:   Sound Center

Submitted by Pat Zeller a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use this player for a multi room and outdoor system that consists of:
Rotel RC 980 pre amp
Rotel RB 976 multi channel amp
Cambridge Soundworks Outdoor Speakers
B&W (bookshelfs)

I really like this player. I have the Rotel RC 971 on my stereo system for a good comparison. While the 971 is superior, the RCC 945 is very good. The sound quality is natural and clean. The functions are easy to understand and program. For the money, I believe you would be hard pressed to find a better value.

I purchased mine on ebay. I have seen other advetised. My guess is you can pick one up for no more than half the retail.

Purchased At:   internet