Numark MP300
Description: <ul> <li>4 line LCD matrix display</li> <li>Digital output</li> <li>Illuminated drive trays</li> <li>Auto close disc tray system</li> <li>Rotary track selector</li> </ul>

Submitted by keron a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2007

Bottom Line:
bought the mp300 about 2 1/2 years ago...I still don't know. I came on here to read other people's reviews mainly, b/c I've thought for a long while that it wasn't reading my cds because my cds were scratched....so I have been using brand newly burnt mp3 cds and still sometimes it doesn't read. I've been trying to figure out the pattern and figure out whether the mp300 is a total bag of crap, or that my small mixer/cd player rack isn't ventilated enough and when the player gets hot its reading ability decreases. I'm hoping its B...but before " b" came up I used to think it was my scratched cds. It definitely doesn't handle mp3 disks like it handles cds as it claims on the box - ie the loop in and out functions are only for cds ...with mp3's basically you have to cue in from the start of the song or you're screwed - virtually no control over songs on mp3.. the timeer doesn't always give you the right amount of time remaining on a track..so as a dj it can catch you off guard. I dunno, maybe I should just accet that the mp300 is a piece of crap.