Dynaco CDV-PRO

Submitted by x a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 1, 2013

Bottom Line:
This is for the dynaco cdv-2. Bottom line, it does everything right! Jazz, rock, classical, you name it, it shines. Voices are smooth as butter! If you want to control the volume through the remote use a Marantz CD 67se or 65se or find a code for the Marantz.. Works perfect! Set the volume on the dynaco about halfway and then you have a reference point to use the remote with. Nothing else to say, spanks all the over-priced cd players just like the link below says. Makes the Levinson's sweat! If you want to enjoy the music instead of analyzing and thinking of ways to change it, this unit is for you. Mullard tubes makes this beauty sing! If you get the chance, grab one. Enjoy the music.

Submitted by AI a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2012

Bottom Line:
This is for the Dynaco CDV-2. I would like to thank everyone on this review site because that was the deciding factor! I have never heard of the player until 2 weeks ago when I saw an ad on craigslist and did some research. I had a Meridian 508.24 that has served me well for about 8 plus years and nothing has come close until this baby. I got it home and hooked it up and it just started churning out the music. My whole system is renewed. Sound that goes well beyond the speakers and there is detail that I never heard in my cds! I became involved in the music, fingers snapping and toes tapping. I plan on rolling some tubes to get a maximum sound out of the unit. I have my preamp for sale because it didn't come close to the player's ability to work with the volume control. This is just a great piece of equipment! It cost me $395. I sold my Meridian for $1150 and have my preamp for sale for $700 so this is a win-win situation! Better sound, more money! This usually does not happen in the on going audio quest. My system is pretty humble but sound-wise it produces and audio erection!
Adcom 555II
DyancoCDV-2
Kef 104/2

Submitted by Alexander Kolegov a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2003

Bottom Line:
I've been using the Dynaco CDV-1 CD player with Audio Innovation and Cary amplifiers for approx. 7 years. Recently I decided to upgrade my CD player and tried Naim CDX, Audio Note ANCD3.1x and Cal Audio Labs CL-15 (both balanced and unbalanced versions). The auditioning experience was unbelievable: the CDV-1 clearly defeated the expensive Naim player which sounded harsh though more detailed and analytical (perhaps, NAIM requires other types of associated equipment). The CDV-1, like CAL CL-15 (unbalanced), proved an ideal player for long listening sessions: it is smooth, relaxed and easy on the ear.

Purchased At:   DL Lota, Dynaco's di

Submitted by David Ziegler a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
The first time I used the dynaco-CDV-1 tube cd player I could not leave I got so into the music I have had many cd players including a cal Audio Labs Aris 111 and they can't compare to this one.The sound is unbelieveable and so life like I ended up staying up very late listening to it. It is very well made and very pleaseing to look at the bass is very tight and clean and the other ranges are very very musical this unit is a great bargan for the price I just can't say enough about it it makes my B&K ex-442-sonota sing the sound field is about as good as I have ever heard from cd's I have tried many other Cd players and paid much more only to be unhappy this one gets five stars from me. I Thank Mark Voigt for letting me know about this Unit and will soon be getting a Dynaco-pas-4 tube Preamp to help the B&K amp out a little more from Mark check him out at soundbug1@cox.net as he has some units left yet but once they are gone there will be no more.

Purchased At:   Mark Voigt - Soundbu