BetterCables Silver Serpent Reference Component Video Video/Digital Cables

4.77/5 (35 Reviews) MSRP : $79.95

- Larger 18 AWG Solid Copper Center Conductors - 400 MHz Bandwidth

Submitted by Tom a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 18, 2001

Bottom Line:
This review is for 2 of the Ultra Component cables that I bought last year. I have two 3 meter sets. One is for my Sony 9000ES DVD Player and the other for my Dish 6000 HDTV receiver. Both connect to my Mitsubishi WS-65907 HDTV. The quality of theses cables is unbelievable. I definitely noticed a difference in picture quality when switching to them from the stock component cables I was using. Color looked better and the picture seemed clearer overall. The weaknesses I listed may or may not be an issue for you. Personally, although they makes them a little hard to work with, they also make them that much more impressive for people checking out my setup. They are always amazed at the size of the cable. I used some wire ties to stabilize them in my rack, problem solved. Now I just enjoy the great picture. Anyway, now that they have the Silver Serpent series that is supposed to have the same quality with more flexibility and smaller size, you need look no further than Bettercables for IMHO the best value in high end cables out there. The service was excellent as well.

Submitted by Stephanie and Sam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have been using this cable for a while now.. I must say that the quality of the picture is fantastic.. what prompt us to buy the cable however was not so much the stellar reviews but the outstanding customer service from the folks at bettercables.com .. I badgered and asked numerous questions and Brad Marcus did all the answering himself.. and made things very clear. extremely helpful. I definitely will buy more cables from bettercables.com for the fact that we are getting an excellent cable.. and along with that great service.

Next on our list will be the serpents when we build our new home theater.

Purchased At:   www.bettercables.com

Submitted by Fredrick Gethers a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2001

Bottom Line:
I just want to say that the cables I purchased (Ultra Component Video Cable) cannot be matched by any other, don’t be fooled by all the claims that are made by others, check these out for yourself, take my word for it or whatever you need to do, but get yourself a pair of these cables, I have friends that have fallen in love with these just at the sight of the cables alone (trust me, they are that impressive). The bottom line, you can spend tons more money, but you could never buy better cables then the ones at Bettercables.com.

Purchased At:   Bettercables.com

Submitted by Peter Yang a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
It was a pleasure dealing with Brad Marcus from Bettercables. The ordering process was simple and the cables which I ordered arrived promptly and in good condition. The cable connects a Toshiba 6200 progressive scan DVD with a Mitsubishi HDTV with spectacular results. When people come over, they are blown away by the picture and sound.

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by angelo logiudice a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
After using Monster Component Video Cables for about several months, which I thought to be very good. I tought of giving the Better Cables Ultra Component Video Cables a try. I was totally blown away on the color and crispness it brought to my large analog 60" screen. I Said good bye Monster and Hello Better cables. It was also much cheaper in price too.

Purchased At:   better cables