BetterCables Premium VGA Cable Video/Digital Cables

4.82/5 (11 Reviews) MSRP : $39.95

- Don't mistake this true 75-ohm cable for its cheaper "computer store" counterparts. - 15-pin Male to 15-pin Male SVGA - Canare Cable, Hand-terminated with Silver solder. - <2.2 nanoseconds differential delay time eliminates channel to channel phase errors. - Stranded 31 AWG Bare Copper Center Conductor - PE Dielectric - >94% Dense Braided Shield - Nominal Impedance: 75-ohm - Velocity of Propagation: 66% - Nominal Capacitance: 21 pF/ft

Submitted by Joseph Farell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 21, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased a 5 meter cable to connect a NEC VT540 to a CrystalScan scaler. the VT540 uses a VGA in for HDTV, digital, and component signal. In my setup the Silver Serpent is run through a conduit and I wanted to make sure I only had to pull this thing once. The S-Serpent did not disappoint. Resolution is crisp and clear, with no noticible signal loss in any of the formats that run through it. The company is a pleasure to deal with.

Purchased At:   bettercables.com

Submitted by Robert a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 12, 2001

Bottom Line:
The Bettercables.com DB15-DB15 Premium VGA cable exceeds my expectations! Having suffered ghosting and "pixel smearing" on my Mitsubishi XGA LCD projector using a 25ft SVGA generic cable, I researched available alternatives.

Research and web word-of-mouth led me to BetterCables.com.

I bought the 10 meter DB15-DB15 VGA Premium cable last Fall (2000), and was amazed at the pixel-perfect image performance in my front projection application. The Premium VGA cable connects a HTPC (Home Theater PC, a PC used for DVD and music playback) to a Mitsubishi X100 XGA 1024x768 LCD projector. The PC outputs a 1024x768 @ 60 Hz image, which displays pixel-perfect on the projector via the Premium VGA cable, with no noise or other analog artifacts. The image looks like its connected via a direct digital feed!

The image quality exceeds that I've seen via 6 or 9 foot cables built into 19" monitors I own!

Purchased At:   BetterCables.com

Submitted by Arvinder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
Using these cables for both a HTPC and a RCA DTC-100 connected to a Pioneer PRO-710HD. Great picture even over long cable runs... no apparent loss in detail.

Purchased At:   http://www.bettercables.com

Submitted by Adam Gaines a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: June 1, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was in the search for the best possible VGA cable to run from my HTPC to my HDTV and this cable definately fit the bill. My color is excellent, there is no interference and the video is as sharp as I could ever expect. I am impressed! A customer for life. Thanks, BetterCables. =]

Purchased At:   BetterCables.com

Submitted by Alberto Russo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 20, 2000

Bottom Line:
5 meters SVGA cable custom made, excellent quality and good price.
I will order again