AudioQuest VSD-1 Video, Satellite, and Digital Cable Video/Digital Cables

Submitted by DMolisher a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great coaxial digital (and/or composite video) cable for the price! Sounds better than Monster's digital coax cable, while costing less. Also has nice connectors & solid construction.

Purchased At:   The Sound Concept

Submitted by audiolover a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have this VSD-1 cable hooked up from my DVD player to my receiver which is a Denon 3801 for more than a year now. This is a wonderful cable both in construction and in sound quality. When I played Gladiator on DTS ES, the sound this cable put out to the receiver was astonishing especially to the part of the film where the archers released their arrows, you can hear ever arrows zinging through the rear surround speakers. It was so detail that it felt like I was in the battleground. I just could not believe what I was hearing. I am not an audiophle or videophile but when I hear something that I have never heard before from watching DVD or listening to music I can tell the difference. I highly recommend this cable.

Purchased At:   DOMES

Submitted by John Dodson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2001

Bottom Line:
Okay, if I'm up at 12:00 AM writing this review on cables, you know I must be impressed. I'm always tweaking something on my system. After reading all these articles about using quality cables, I decided to make some changes.

The Silverserpet from Bettercables got the best reviews but I'm not that desperate ($70.00 for .5m). So my next choice was the Audioquest VSD-1 to replace my Monster Interlink Datalink 100 for DVD Digital Coax out. Man what a difference.

The monster cable is thick and looks like it can carry the load but the Audioquest cable smashed it, which is cheaper by the way. When watching "Planet of the Apes", you want to hear a crackling type crash of the space pod, not a loud thud similar to a bass drum. After changing to the VSD-1, I kept looking behind me to see where the sound was coming from. The breaking of glass was so real.

Look, being a former musician, I've always had a good ear. You can't beat the VSD1 for the money. By the way, did I mention that Monster is overpriced. Later.

Purchased At:   Listen Up