XLO Twinax Speaker Cables

4.75/5 (4 Reviews)

Quality audio cable

Submitted by Space_1999 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'm surprised that there are only 3 reviews for the Twinax Plus.
It is a FINE cable and I'm glad I finally made the purchase after having read about its high rating in Home Theatre's interconnect showdown almost a couple of years ago.
I've heard that Ultralink has purchased XLO which may be a bad thing if they don't maintain the quality and price of this excellent product.

Purchased At:   Thomas TV

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 13, 2000

Bottom Line:
I purchased these to connect a pre-amp and power amplifier. I have been pleased with the resulting sound quality. There may be better cables, but I have not heard any superior cables at this price.

Purchased At:   Reference-av.com

Submitted by Andrew a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 13, 1999

Bottom Line:
When I read the cable face-off in Home Theater magazine and heard how well the XLO Twinax did I was interested. When I read it was only about $25-$30 per pair, I went out and replaced all the cables in my system (except low fi stuff like tape, tuner). I think these cables are a great bargain. The connections and soldering job looks very clean on them all. I won't lie and say the sound quality difference was like night and day. However I do think cables should be about 10% or 15% of your total system budget so if the rest of your system is in the $1000-$2500 range I think thse cables are a great choice. Anything of lower quality go with Rat [Radio] Shack Gold and anythin more expensive I'd go with higher end XLOs or others. Considering this cable is nearly as good as the Tributiaries they were competing again and csot half or 1/3 as much, they're a great value. As Home Theater said "go pick up a couple pairs today" 5 stars considering their reasonable price and value for the money.

Submitted by Jason Starnes a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 1998

Bottom Line:
Very good cable. I prefer the ER-5 but twinax works very nicely! Has a very clear sound and is definately better than cheap RCAs! I would recommend them to the casual listener and audio enthusiast.