XLO 4.1b Signature Speaker Cables

Reference grade Balanced Digital Cable (aes/ebu) XLR

Submitted by Raymond a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
(RCA NOT BALANCED)

Excellent cable what makes it a little bit more accesible is that you can purchase .5 meter (which lowers its price)if you have your CD and DAC close. Bass is great Mid and High are not congested nothing is added to the music, very transparent digital cable. In my system which is totally Linn (Kairn, Karik, LK100(2)Keilidth Active and DAC is California Audio Labs Alpha) Had the opportunity to compare it with MIT Reference and it was no match, as a matter of fact my wife who is not much into audio asked me when she heard the system with the MIT "what did you do to the system that it does not sound right?" Who says there is no difference between cables? But as always listen before you purchase and compare what sounds good to me does not have to for you, you are the judge.
In my case I really like this cable very much and I would reccomend it to anyone.

Submitted by Jimmy James a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 1, 1999

Bottom Line:
This balanced digital cable does what most aes/ebu cables do. It improves the transmission of digital data from the transport to the dac over a true 110ohm cable and connector setup. This is said to reduce jitter. It does. I auditioned this cable along with XLO's standard Signature rca tipped digital cable. I used a AA Pro32 Jitter reduction box with DSP set at 24 bits. I compared the sound from my ML37 and 36S suing the multiple digital inputs and outputs available on the back plane of these wonderful machines. The sound was always better with the Pro32 switched in between the 37 transport using the rca digital cable. Not so with the aes/ebu (4.1b)cable. With most source material there was no difference with the Pro32 switched in or out. Some 24 bit mastered discs sound better thru the Pro32 with the 24 bit DSP even with the aes/ebu cable. Have not heard a better digital cable. Teflon rules.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile