Wire World Stratus III+ AC Power Cable Speaker Cables

Submitted by JJM a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 28, 2005

Bottom Line:
I bought this as it was super cheap on Audiogon, figuring to use it on a Muse 2+ DAC. Didn't think there would be much difference and really just wanted a shorter & better looking cable than the stock one. Surprise, surprise this pc took the life out of my system. No wonder it was being sold at a give a away price. I thought this must be some sort of weird component interaction as the other pc's in my system didn't have this dramatic effect. Highs were dulled, bass was muted with the soundstage falling apart. Switched it all around on different components (Integrated amp,digital lens, cd player) all with the same result. The Stratus III was the absolute worst tweak I've ever added to any of my systems. Wound up replacing this with a PS Audio pc and the difference was night and day. I tried to cheap out, I suggest you don't do the same and invest in something a little more expensive. My system(s): Primare A20 integrated,Anthem 2 integrated, Genesis Digital Lens, Muse 2+ DAC, Pioneer PDF-19 Elite changer, Sony ES 777 changer, PS Audio Ultimate Outlets, Tara ISM 3 interconnects, Audioquest Diamond X's interconnects, Audioquest Slate bi-wire speaker cable & too many pc's to mention. By the way the Stratus was hooked up to more components than listed as at the time I had 3 differnt DACs (my wife loved that)all with disappionting results. There is not one aspect or parameter in which this cable has something that can be described as positive. Even the plug is cheap. It's not a Hubble or Wattgate plug, but a $3.99 (at Walmart!) GE "Heavy Duty" gray colored plug. Don't believe me? Check out the picture of the plug and then go to Walmart or Kmart and you'll find the same low quality plug. Home Depot has it also either in gray or yellow. I doubt if it cost Wireworld more than $10 to make this junk. If you still want to go cheap I suggest either a PS Audio Prelude, Audioquest AC-15 or Audio Magic Spellcaster. A litle more money, but they all appear to use better materials and make a postive difference (quieter background, especially the PS Audio). Even in a mid-fi system I couldn't imagine this pc making a positive contribution.

Purchased At:   audiogon

Submitted by duf666 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
After a complete upgrade of speakers'cable with WireWorld solstice3+ for the fronts and luna3+ for the rears and as I'm amazed with the results, I decided to go also for mains cable.
And what a result !!!!!
More of everything: space, depth, hi, low, definition...
I was hoping to get an improvement but not that much... and as the rest of the WireWorld range those cables are very neutral.
My system: