Wire World Atlantis Speaker Cables

4.73/5 (11 Reviews)

(See reviews)

Submitted by Malcolm Druid a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
the van den Hul sounded better, and was 80 pounds, 20 pounds cheaper. The Wireworld is simply overpriced in the UK and i cannot give it a high mark. the vdH has better tonality, more natural and musical.

Purchased At:   100 pounds in UK

Submitted by glenn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
After a recent purchase of a McCormack DNA.5 amp for my Vandersteen 1c's, Rega Planet CD and Acurus RL-11 preamp ...the sound was alittle too crisp on the trailing edge of transients. Of all the cable I tried, only the Wireworld Atlantis tamed the demon while retaining speed, clarity, snap and harmonic integrity. I bought both the speaker cable and interconnects after the audition. My loyalty now is to Wireworld for such an awesome product for an awesomely low price. When I can afford to upgrade, the eclispe is next. The best cables in the industry. I can't say enough good things about this company. Rarely do I get this excited about audio.

Submitted by Jeff Sirody a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 24, 1999

Bottom Line:
I recently bought a used pair of Cabasse Atlantis speakers, not knowing exactly what was in store. Upon arrival, I gasped when these nearly 8' tall behemoths that look straight out of Star Wars were unloaded. My wife nearly divorced me when I moved them into the family room. After hearing them, the divorce will be worth it. They are the most natural, spacious-sounding speakers ever to grace my home. They are self-powered with Cabasse's own amplification, sounding very tube-like in their tonality. Layers of depth are revealed, as are all the subtle microdynamics. They easily beat my Martin-Logans in detailing, and convey breathtaking impact. I doubt there is as well-balanced a speaker in the world!! 6 STARS!!!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by AL a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
Purchased two pair of Atlantis II ($90) (B stock), blemished jackets but otherwise perfect, for 45.00 a pair. They replaced AQ Turquoise. My system consists of NAD 1600, 214 and 505 cd, powering Klipsch KLF 20's. The Atlantis is an improvement over the Turquoise ($45) but I would not say a twice the price difference. The highs were better and a bit brighter. I do hear a bit more music as these cables get hours on them. They are definitely 5 speakers at the $45 price, but I'm sure there are some $90 interconnects out there that will give these a run for the money.

Submitted by John a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 30, 1999

Bottom Line:
Got a pair of Atlantis II interconnects (between preamp & amp), and it sounds like I got a new, better system!!! The improvement is huge (replaced Tara Labs Prism 22's), and the amount of ADDITIONAL musical detail I am hearing is breathtaking! I hear subtle little things in recordings I never noticed before. Put these in your system and you will be amazed! Accurate, neutral, smooth, beautiful sounding! Great low and top end! Strongly recommended!

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Visions Of Atlantis

Saw an ad for these guys in Hammer mag- ad copy sez they're symphonic metal (Symphony X, anyone?).[IMG]http://image.allmusic.com/00/amg/cov200/drp500/p527/p52728rhfyp.jpg[/IMG] Wondering if they're any good- anyone heard 'em? Edit: Couple of previews on this page: [url]http://www.metalstorm.ne ... Read More »

MS 1400W: