Van den Hul The Storm Speaker Cables

4.67/5 (6 Reviews)

entry level interconnect

Submitted by flavio_ a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2002

Bottom Line:
Great value!
The sound changed completely: New information, greater detail and control, clarity and sounstaging.

Submitted by Phil Bowery a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2001

Bottom Line:
I had the RadioShack Cable to start with. A friend nearly hit me when I told him of my system and then said I owned a RadioShack cable. So I went out and purchased this. I heard absolutley no difference.
Needles to say I was pissed off. £30 for a brown, insubstantial cable that was Identical in sound to a £10 Tandy one. Anyway, After about a month, The cable sounded oh so much better than it had started out. The treble was much more open and the midrange was scarily transparent. I now owned a 3D holographic Soundstage. The Bass is still quite poor for a cable of this price, but the mid-range is amazing. The bass feels slightly Gummy, Kind of Chewy (Stop Laughing). Needless to say, It's not the tightest thing around. Bass drums have more squidge than thud. I borrowed the Audioquest and The QED of a friend to see If I could hear the dofference. The AudioQuest was pants and the QED had far superior bass presence and Tautness.
But, I still own my VDH. Why? Well, I like to be able to close my eyes and feel like I can reach out and touch any of the instruments. And until I've upgraded My amp, I'm gonna stick with this here Van Den Hul.

Purchased At:   Sevenoaks

Submitted by T lakshman a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 15, 2001

Bottom Line:

i bought this cable based on the reviews in this site and even right of the box it has brought a great improvemnt to my system the bass has improved to a great extent the soundstaging is great and the treble is not harsh anymore.P.S -it is not rolled off.got them terminated with local connectors made here and great service from the local VDH dealer here. i will post a complete review after a few days after the cable has broken in.

equipment used
amplifier-onkyo A-9211 integrated
cd player-onkyo DX-7211 single cd
tape deck-onkyo TA-6310 with dolby "s" type noise reduction
speakers-onkyo D032AX bookshelf.
speaker cable-Van Den Hul Skyline hybrid.

Purchased At:   cadence audio India

Submitted by Thanos a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: August 12, 2000

Bottom Line:
For its price this cable is a winner. It was an upgrade from the standard bell-wire type that comes with come components. Instantly the treble brightened and the bass deepened. After isteneing to a number of mid range interconnects, the £30 Storm II Hybrids gave the clearest and most faithful reproduction of the sound.

Submitted by Malcolm Druid a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
for the price it's the best out there imho, with the SonicLink Silver Pink running it close. if you want dynamics, go for the SonicLink, but for most music the Storm 2 is perfect at the price.

VTI: