Van den Hul magnum Speaker Cables

3.25/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by ryder a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 24, 2007

Bottom Line:
I've got this speaker cable from ebay out of curiousity on how VDH cables wound sound like since they are quite cheap. Compared to by Nordost Blue Heavens, the Magnums sounded like trash -bass was loose and muddy, midrange bloated and the highs was shut-in. I gave it about 2 weeks burn-in and the results were the same. I was very disappointed with this cable apart.

I would not use this cable with a system costing $2,000 and above. For a sub-$1,000 rig that requires a warm sounding cable to tame some harshness and/or brightness in the treble, the VDH Magnum Hybrid may be the ticket. Otherwise, look elsewhere. I would recommend the Kimber 8TC which will trounce the VDH Magnum in all aspects at a similiar price.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by Liquid99 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2005

Bottom Line:
i have used this cable with solid state & tube amps , electrostatic and dome cone speakers found their performance to be constant.
i really like these cables for the price this side of the revolution and revelations. could say im a bit biased towards vdh cables.

Submitted by dwh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is a fantastic cable that really makes the music come to life. It really depends on your components and quality of interconnects, power cords, etc. These cables far excel over other cables I've tried over the past year and I highly recommend them. If you want mids and highs that are silky smooth with extended bass - these cables are really worth a try. I'd recommend using the VDH D102 MK III interconnects with these. Also, the Absolute Power Cord is terrific (can be obtained on Audiogon for $50).

Submitted by Volker a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
I use the vdH Magnum Hybrid.
This cable can, depending to your other equipment, be an absolute mismatch, therefore listen to it carefully before buying. In my case, I guessed this cable would be the right one and I was lucky. Also I trusted vdH's good reputation in cables and I was not disappointed by it.
It is a great, impressive looking cable, very solid built but therefore it's not easy to fix the connectors properly to it.
In connection with my tube amplifiers, the vdH Magnum Hybrid produces an outstanding, clear, sweet and very neutral sound with a wide and deep soundstage. The bass is deep, tight and controlled, mids are warm and real sounding and the highs are crystal clear without beeing to bright.

My Equipment:
Cayin SC 6L SE-tupe pre
Cayin 9021 DEX SE-tube mains
Cary Audio CD303 CD-player
B&W CDM 1 SE speakers
all cables van den Hul

Submitted by Rob Pieterman a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
A nice cable to start with and good "looks", the size of a firm chocolate bar ;-)
Wins from most Monster and Kimber cables but loses from Siltech and MIT. Not suitable for systems above $5000

Purchased At:   RAF Hifi, Amsterdam

Magnum IA 170 and IA 200

Hey Everyone I've been searching a web site related with the Magnum audio ampli (the IA 170 and the IA 200). And I've just found some information on this web. Could anyone tell me if that firm still exist. Are those amplis still produced? thanks you in advance.Read More »

Magnum/L20T/4-8 ohm/205w rms/410w peak

I need a little help from the experts. I have an amazing set of speakers i am getting ready to post on ebay. They are in nearly mint condition, all speakers pristine, only a little cabinet wear as would be expected. They sound awesome, great frequency response at all volume levels, tremendous bass, ... Read More »

magnum audio

Please add the following so people like me can submit reviews. Magnum Audio IA 200 Integrated Amp 100 watts MRSP $995 magnumaudio.com [url]http://www.magnumaudio.com/ia200.htm[/url] (link to picture)Read More »

Wood Technology: