Tributaries SCV S-Video Cable Speaker Cables

4.71/5 (7 Reviews)

Submitted by Cam wright a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 11, 2002

Bottom Line:
I baught it and it seems to do its job well. Looks good and I love to use it. I broke a pin on it one day and took it to my local shop where i buy everything from and ask if he could send it in ad get me a new end. I got it back after about a month or more but with a new end free of all charges. That made me happy! I use other tributares cables for digital audio also

Purchased At:   Fairview HIFI

Submitted by kcwirko a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
Being the owner of many pieces of equiptment I have had the oppertunity to try out several video cables attached to several recievers. First let me state, I am not made of money and do not own the ultra high end pieces we'd all like to have. I am willing to spend a great deal to get the utmost science for the dollars spent. Recievers tested were all in the $350-$1,500 range.TV's were GE 27' and HIT.31' . I did not use a A/B switch because i havent come across one yet which did'nt degrade the signal. A few sound/vid lovers and I began switching cables around and reviewing. Well...everything Monster cable makes is now sitting on my shelf waiting to be sold, Acoustic Research pro ( a good cheap choice)couldn't run with the pack. Radio S. I gave away or used as tie straps or something. Nine S-cables tried. Two survived. The leaders $ for $ are Ixos silver and Tributaries silver series. Both were bright clear and cleaned up most trouble areas nicely. The real test for me however was to eliminate all the "perfict" conditions these cables are given in the music store, 10K. recievers with external noise supres. etc.. and show them the real world. We ran a hair drier and a microwave oven on the same power line without any noise canceling equiptment. OK now were talking. Most of the cables didn't even make an effort to sheild it. Next we laid the cables over a running weed trimmer to assult it with heavy EMI. These tests were the shinning points for the Trib.SCV cable. Little to none on the RFI, light on the EMI.-(which is realy saying something,most were unwatchable.)
SUMMERY: The Trib.SCV is he hands down winner in our $150 and under cable tests set in "real world" conditions with equiptment that you to can afford. Only spent $200 on your reciever-doesn't matter, you will never see it's full potential without these cables. With audio and video concerned there has never been a greater example of the "weakest link theory". A $150 cable on a $200 reciever? YES,YES,YES.
NOTE: Trib.SCV was also the "F" cable winner as well, replacing the RG6QS running from my Sat. dish. Start with those from your source(dish,cable from wall,etc).. you won't be disapointed.

Submitted by Phil a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 30, 2001

Bottom Line:
I would've never imagined I could write a review unfavorably comparing such cable to a RadioShack wires. I'm absolutely not one of the people who are unable to tell the difference between black&white and HDTV , and are saying "cables mean nothing", "best cable is the cheapest". To say the least, I consider spending half of the price of my preamp on my audio interconnects a good investment. Nevertheless...

I used Tributaries for a week and tried to persuade myself they make picture any better. With no success... When I switched back to the RShack cables (which I bought to watch my projector for one night untill nearby hi-end store opens next day) I saw no difference at all. Actually I saw even better contrast and levels of black, however I still can't believe $20 cable can be better than $160 Tributaries.

I ended up returning Tributaries and now waiting for Bettercables to arrive. So new review will be coming soon.

Purchased At:   Definitive Audio

Submitted by Cam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought this cbale to go with ym SONY DVP-S330 player It looks a bit Brighter and Cleaner then the Stock cable. I got it for 130, The box was marked 155.

Submitted by kruckman a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 8, 1999

Bottom Line:
I use the Tributaries S-Video cable exclusively througout my home theater system. They replaced Monster Cable's top of the line s-video cable (which I was using exclusively).
The video portion of my system is: Mitsubishi 40" direct view TV, Proceed PAV, DSS, Panasonic DVD and Mitsubishi VCR. The cables made a tremendous difference. Colors were deeper and more vivid. Contrast and color separation were astonishing compared to what I thought was already very good. The Monster cables were definitely good - but not even close to what I got with Tributaries.

These cables were the single most cost effective upgrade I have done for the video portion of my home theater. Very highly recommended.

FGH 26: