Tributaries SCV-150 Speaker Cables

4.5/5 (2 Reviews)

Digital coax

Submitted by Brian a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: January 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
Based on what I read about Tributaries cables, I happened to buy this without trying any others. Later I compared it to others and found it to be just okay. As I recall, the DH Labs was a bit bright, the Cardas was quite rolled off on the highs, so maybe the Tributaries cable was in between. I ended up getting more expensive cables for my CD player ($260 Transparent) and digital cable radio ($110 home-made) and using the Tributaries on the least of my digital sources - my Toshiba DVD player.
Equipment: NAD 512 CD Player, Transparent Premium Digital cable, Golden Theater GTX-1, Transparent Music Link interconnects, Monarchy SE-100 deluxe mono blocks, Nordost Solar Winds shotgunned to Magnepan MMGs. B&W, NAD, DH Labs on rear speakers, no center channel.

Submitted by Veda a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 17, 1999

Bottom Line:
Tributaries are known for their excellent video cables and budget speaker wires. The SCV-150 is their only digital audio model and features true 75 ohm connectors. Build quality is superb down to the terminations; just like any other Tributaries cable. The cable is somewhat stiff but the connectors slide easily into any RCA jacks. As for the sound, it is quite neutral for the price. There is no digital edge and yet the sound is more detailed than a LAT Int D-20. It is definitely better than the standard Audiodyne Datalink. I will have to give it 5 stars.

MS 1400W: