Tributaries SCA 300 Silver Audio OFHCC Speaker Cables

4.2/5 (5 Reviews)

· A2 mauve cable terminated with TR2 RCA connectors
· TR2 connectors are machined from solid brass and gold-plated
· 64 strand silver-plated OFHCC center conductor
· Silver plating improves current handling capability of wire and stability of conduction
· Silver plated OFHCC braided shield and Aluminum Mylar® foil shield for excellent noise rejection
· Soldered with silver solder for best conductivity
· 360° circle surround solder technique for best mechanical and electrical connection
· Limited lifetime warranty

Submitted by Tander98 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
Heads and shoulders above Monster 400`s. Better than Monster Ref 2. Similarily priced Tara Labs and Audioquests aren`t as revealing or dynamic. Best $100 I ever spent.

Purchased At:   Sound Forum

Submitted by Mark Seymour a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2001

Bottom Line:
Went to my local High end audio store for some cables to hook up my new Acurus 100x3 amp to my AVR-210 HK recevier. They let me take home some nordost cables (witch were to brite) , Also let me try Transparent 100's and 200's ( they had nice depth to the sound but the highs rolled off ) So the last pair i tried was the tributary cables found them to be the best match for my system.

AVR-210 Reciever
Music metre Speaker wire

Purchased At:   House of stereo

Submitted by Jim a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
Nice cables for the Money. The comparison would be to Kimber PBJ as they are about the same price-

The Kimbers are more forward sounding and are better suited to my system because of the relaxed sound of my Mirage M7's. The Tributaries are laid back in the midrange and a little wild in the bass dept. They have good slam but are less neutral than the Kimbers. Verdict- Kimber PBJ's are still the best deal under $100

Submitted by Neville a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
I just replaced some Audioquest turqouise cable with the SCA300s. These are being used to connect an ARCAM MCD CD player to a Carver HR875 integrated. I was very suprised by the detail of the cables right out of the package. Everything I have ever heard has said that cable need to burn in at least 24 hours. If this is true than I can't wait because these cables have really opened up the sound on my system. The imaging of my system just improved dramatically. The sound stage opened up a bit, not much and the mid to low ends are much more smooth and mellow. I at a store closing it's doors so I got them for 40% off the $90 price. Can't beat them for that kind of deal. I have not heard comparable priced cables from Kimber of DH, but I from what I heard these might be tough to beat. I am going to only give them four stars simply because I have not had a chance to audition similarly priced cables.
System