Transparent Audio MusicLink Ultra XLR Speaker Cables

4.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $1952.00

Balanced interconnects

Submitted by muzz777 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2004

Bottom Line:
poor bass, edgy highs, not smooth midrange. I suggest acoustic zen or harmonic technologies. Changed all my cables after a 1.5 year a/b demo.see below

Purchased At:   intech

Submitted by DTS a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I am currently using 5 sets of 2meter runs within my system. Using the XLR doesn't seem to be that much different from RCA however, I like the locking mechanism the cable brings rather than the conventional RCA. The sound and the openess really defines the cables quality to produce a realistic an airy sound. They are pricey however, compared to the rest of my system it seemed to be the wise choice.
System
Martin Logan Odessey Speakers
Magnum Dynlab Tuner

Submitted by arcls25 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 26, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is the best cable I have tried to integrate to my system based on the price/performance ratio. Sky is the upper limit but considering the rest of the system there should be a balance that you should spend for cables, otherwise it may be better to upgrade the other components. I decided Ultra is the best choice and allows me for a possible upgrade of my other components without considering the upgrade of cables. Adding the Ultra Speaker biCable (Actually two seperate cables in a single jacket each is direclty connected from power amp to the speaker terminals rather than regular biwire) is a magical combination. I directly connected my Ultra XLR from Audio Aero Capitol 24/192 cd processor/preamp to the power amp (Rotel RB-1090). Bypassing preamp and another interconnector increased the soundstage and bass lines. Although I bought two pairs of Ultra XLR and one is idle for the time being, I will use it with a hiend tube preamp which i am looking for the near future.
My system:
Audio Aero Capitol 24/192; Ultra XLR; Ultra Bicable; Rotel RB-1090; B&W Nautilus 803

Purchased At:   LotusHifi

Submitted by tapsa lappi a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
Transparent Ultra is best cable what i have own.Very neutral,huge soundstage, very good bass.I think that silver cable have own sound(new Siltech g 5 is very good silver gold cable), Transparent Ultra is more real music.I understandt now why so many topclass systems use Transparent cables all in the world, they want best sound best systems.( see Dunlavy, Wilson, Avalon, Krell, Mark Levinson, MG, ´Gamut. Audionet, Audio Physic, A Capella etc work fine with Transparent cables) My system is now:A CAPELLA Horn with plasma tweeter(this tweeter is best, amazing), Gamut m 250 monoamp(very, very good), Advantage s 1 cd with preamp module(best cd, upsampling), Audio Physic Minos sub(simbly best)with Transparent Ultra xlr and Ultra speaker cable biwire, Siltech power cables. Happy listening tapsa

Submitted by Rick F a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2001

Bottom Line:
I purchased two sets (1m and 2m). After break in of about a week these cables sound very open and the background is black. I couldn't believe the difference from the MIT 330HE single ended cables I was using. The Ultras are so quiet. I attached a 2m set between the ARC Ref 2 preamp and Levinson 332 amp and a 1m set from the Wadia 861 to the ARC. Yes, I did try hooking the Wadia up direct. It sounded very quiet, open, transparent, but too anaylitcal. The system sounds better played throught the preamp. It's warmer, more musical, and lost none of the transparency. The network boxes, billet aluminum I think, are heavy and scratch easily. Be careful when handling them. These cables are well made and worth the cost.

PANAMAX: